U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 09:23 AM

63 posts, read 236,520 times

Advertisements

I currently reside at Post Eastside in Richardson and I am looking for apt complex comparable in style (newer build, contemporary, gated, attached garage, granite kitchens and baths) where pets are not allowed. Is there even such a thing in Dallas anymore? We have a beautiful park in the front of the complex that has essentially been turned into a doggie toilet, and now I see people bring their dogs to the swimming pool as well. It is not allowed, but people are pigs, so I figured I need to look for a community that does not allow pets at all.
Can you make any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 10:27 AM

339 posts, read 1,272,802 times
I know of a few, but they don't have the level of amenities you're after and they're not in Richardson. (BTW, my parents live right up the street from you at The Venue on Galatyn which opened about the same time as Eastside and try as management may to keep dogs out of the pool and to keep owners picking up their poop, nobody complies. It's grown pretty disgusting...especially since they're paying $1,650 a month in rent! But that doesn't get ya clean grass. No sir.)

Hopefully you'll get some suggestions and often condo rentals have much stricter rules so that's an option. But if you do a search for cat-only properties, I assure you those do exist. I know of one on Monfort--not the greatest neighborhood but the community itself is nice--but the name escapes me at the moment.

Don't know of any in Richardson tho. And attached garage apts can be hard to come by in the burbs regardless of pet policy.

Good luck!!

Old 06-13-2010, 11:10 AM

563 posts, read 1,490,540 times
I don't know of any, and I've been a renter for a while. It's probably hard to find. The only thing I will sometimes see is breed/size restrictions for dogs.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:32 AM

1,538 posts, read 6,323,185 times
There used to be quiet a few places that did not allow pets around town, but as pet ownership has become more popular I suspect many places just could not resist grabbing that share of the market.

I down Campbell at Sevenoaks, and we have the same problem. The complex has three specially designated dog walked area which are outfitted with poop scooping bags and trash cans. People still let their dogs go everywhere and don't pick up after them. My patio and front window face a grassy area and I can't tell you how may times I've seen people just let their dog cut loose and walk away. As if I want to sit outside and look at a pile of crap. My one neighbor has stepped it some right next to the mailbox. I got so mad once after watching a neighbor let their dog go right in front of my porch that I went out with a plastic grocery sack, picked it up, and put it in front of their door with a notethat said please pick up after your dog.

As for dogs at the pool, I am pretty certain that violates health code. A quick call to the city will fix that.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:37 PM

63 posts, read 236,520 times
Thank you all for your comments, I suspected it would not be so easy to find a place, I have been googling for days now ...
I just cannot understand this obsession with dogs, wherever I turn there is dog poop all around this town. I wonder if the rest of America is this dog crazy? Husband and I pretty much figured that only way to avoid this pet problem is to buy a home, but even then it is not so easy. For example, my family owns a home in Garland and still has a problem with neighbors walking their dogs along my parents' front yard and not picking up after them, so even on their own property they still have to endure someone else's dog s**t. So annoying ...
Thanks for your time folks, I appreciate the comments

Old 06-13-2010, 11:34 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,385,643 times
Even though I much prefer cats, this really isn't the fault of the dogs but of their inconsiderate owners. Cats have the sense to use litter boxes, and even the outdoor ones try to cover up their excrement!

Old 06-14-2010, 08:36 AM

629 posts, read 1,969,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
I got so mad once after watching a neighbor let their dog go right in front of my porch that I went out with a plastic grocery sack, picked it up, and put it in front of their door with a notethat said please pick up after your dog.
YOU are AWESOME.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:42 AM

629 posts, read 1,969,189 times
As a homeowner, it's no better. My neighbor across the street has three sh*tty little toy poodle dogs and she lets them run around unleashed. It's like she thinks that because they're small, they don't need a leash??? I've had them yapping at my heels in my yard when I go out to my mailbox, and more than once the little sh*tters have cut in front of my car as I'm driving in the street. Their owner just glares at me for interrupting her dog's mid-street stroll.

I think I'll load up a spray bottle with diluted food dye and pepper their *ss with it the next time I catch them in my yard.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:10 AM

6,947 posts, read 18,737,200 times
Mannn, I so agree that its disgusting. BTW, I own 3 dogs and always pick up after them. I own an investment condo and although pets are allowed, I haven't seen any poo around there. I did notice on the office door someone is posting a unit for rent. They are not in your location but just thinking you might look around at condos in your target location and see if any are for rent. Homeowners may be just more community-minded.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:43 AM

339 posts, read 1,272,802 times
Namcor, have you tried contacting an apt locater or some kind of relocation agent? I know they can be a hassle and I hate turning over my personal info to agents cause they tend to pester you for ages, but perhaps they have some info not as easily found on Google and access to more private owners w/ condos for rent? Surely others are in the same boat as it's certainly not that crazy of a query.

I know some condo associations are super duper strict about enforcing pick-up. I have a friend in IL whose association actually took her all the way to court over unpaid fees from 'landscape violations' from improper pet feces disposal. (It literally turned out as a case of mistaken identify that required time lapsed video proof of the offending pooch/owner...but needless to say, there are places were that sh*t just won't fly, lol!)

As an owner of 4 dogs, believe me, nothing quite peeves me off as much as irresponsible dog owners who, for whatever reasons, cannot manage to carry a simple plastic baggy and bend down to scoop it up. It really is just that simple.... yet apparently so difficult for what appears an overwhelming number of dog owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or