U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:02 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,435,970 times

Advertisements

We used to have Hardee's here. I was not impressed with them, at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 04:23 PM

864 posts, read 2,266,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
We used to have Hardee's here. I was not impressed with them, at all.
I used to send letters to CKE pleading them to implement the Carl's Jr menu through all Hardee's restaurants. Did this when I lived in KC and did not want to drive 220 miles each way to the nearest Carl's (in Claremore, OK). I did that drive twice in the four plus years I lived in KC because I just had to have it.

I understood that the name "Hardee's" carries recognition in many parts of this country, but I never understood why CKE didn't just change over the entire menu to that of Carl's Jr so that the ONLY difference is the name on the outside.

KC and Missouri in general have Hardee's. I never understood why CKE never thought (Still to this day) that those people wouldn't enjoy (love!) the Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger. It seems like a sandwich that would be much more popular in the midwest than the west coast anyhow. I've had Hardee's bacon cheeseburger and it's awful. I'm surprised CKE doesn't see that the Carl's Double Western just totally "pwns" the Hardee's bacon cheeseburger counterpart.

For a time when CKE took over Hardee's they put Famous Stars and Super Stars on the Hardee's menu, but for some reason that didn't last. And the fries remained different (Although today CKE has brought over Carl's Jr's god awful natural cut fries to Hardee's). Today besides the aforementioned fries, there is very little similarities in the menus. Carl's Jr's six dollar burger is the Hardee's Six dollar "Thickburger," but that's about it. Very disappointing if you live in Hardee's (And especially if you once lived in Carl's Jr country).

Old 06-15-2010, 04:52 PM

2,259 posts, read 8,636,659 times
>>I dont know who Josh Brolin is<<

Did you see them movie No Country for Old Men?

Josh Brolin as Llewelyn Moss, a welder and Vietnam veteran who flees with two million dollars in drug money that he finds in an open field in Texas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Coun..._Old_Men_(film)

Old 06-15-2010, 04:56 PM

95 posts, read 239,889 times
Had Whataburger for the first time last night.

All the toppings were very fresh and the burger was very good for a FF joint. The fries were completely the opposite - barely warm, seemed like they'd been sitting around.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:08 PM

554 posts, read 990,918 times
First of all, Josh Brolin.......GOONIES!!!! He played Sean Astin's older brother, Brandon.

Second, about the Carl's Jr in Richardson....WTF is going on? Has that fallen through? It was approved over 9 months ago and still no activity going on.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:20 PM

252 posts, read 507,392 times
What is "WHATABURGER"?

Old 06-16-2010, 03:48 PM

one of many commercials:
YouTube - Whataburger Commercial

patty melt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4U3D701bFM

Old 06-16-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL70 View Post
Had Whataburger for the first time last night.

All the toppings were very fresh and the burger was very good for a FF joint. The fries were completely the opposite - barely warm, seemed like they'd been sitting around.
Good thing the place is called WhatABurger and not WhatAFries

Old 06-16-2010, 04:09 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,435,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrogers1122 View Post
What is "WHATABURGER"?
You're not from around here, are you.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:19 PM

308 posts, read 908,799 times
Whataburger... meh okay at best
Smash Burger (good)
Mooyah's (Great)
Steak & Sheak (Good)
In & Out (can't get here soon enough)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas