U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:56 AM

1,637 posts, read 3,478,190 times

Advertisements

WooHoo another burger joint thread! You all probably think I'm like 800lbs by now!

I have Whataburger another chance the other night. It was better than last time but the fries still leave something to be desired. Do they let them sit in a hot car for a week before serving them?

My only real complaint about the burger, and this may have been a fluke, it tasted spicy like Jalapeno. Now I did order grilled onions this time and as I was walking out noticed on the menu that you can order fried jalapenos on the burger so I'm imagining that they grilled my onions in the same spot as a recent jalapeno order. I don't like spicy at all and it kind of ruined it for me but I did eat the whole thing and did enjoy it. I will eat there again and I? think I will say that burger quality is one step above Carl's Jr. Fresher ingredients and better prepared etc... However, Carl's selection is more diverse but their burgers are dry.

I had homemade bison burgers last night that trumped all of these!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 10:56 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,640,103 times
I love whataburger. To me, it is the best fast food burger joint around. However, the best fast food in Texas is the Taquitoes from Whataburger. Mmm... I practically lived on those my freshman year of college.

I need to try this "In N Out Burger" that everyone is so happy about. Are there any in the DFW area?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:37 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I love whataburger. To me, it is the best fast food burger joint around. However, the best fast food in Texas is the Taquitoes from Whataburger. Mmm... I practically lived on those my freshman year of college.

I need to try this "In N Out Burger" that everyone is so happy about. Are there any in the DFW area?
Not yet but one is on the way. There are a couple of threads about In n Out in this forum and the Texas Forum. I've never had one either.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:57 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,796,018 times
Grape Serves Burger No. 10,000 East Dallas Times

Old 07-22-2010, 03:06 PM

32 posts, read 65,276 times
WhataBurger and Braum's. I LOVE them.

I can't wait for In-N-Out! A bit of so. Cal here in Texas. I can't wait!

Old 07-22-2010, 03:26 PM

2,487 posts, read 5,579,737 times
Hey- I went to Keller's in Dallas last week. And I was not extremely impressed. It was ok, but I would not drive down there just for a burger. Plus the ordering staff....I wouldn't call them ladies by any means. Several didn't even have teeth, or even wear undergarments. I wasn't looking it was completely obvious.....not my cup of tea by any means. So Dallasites can keep their Keller's. I guess it's whatever floats peoples boat. As I like other places others don't like. It just kills me that everyone rant and raved about this gem of a place only to be disappointed. Plus the places was flithy. I have no problem with the whole rustic look, I believe they took it to an extreme.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:47 PM

3,029 posts, read 6,915,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Hey- I went to Keller's in Dallas last week. And I was not extremely impressed. It was ok, but I would not drive down there just for a burger. Plus the ordering staff....I wouldn't call them ladies by any means. Several didn't even have teeth, or even wear undergarments. I wasn't looking it was completely obvious.....not my cup of tea by any means. So Dallasites can keep their Keller's. I guess it's whatever floats peoples boat. As I like other places others don't like. It just kills me that everyone rant and raved about this gem of a place only to be disappointed. Plus the places was flithy. I have no problem with the whole rustic look, I believe they took it to an extreme.
Some actually had some teeth?

Coming to Dallas and besmerching Keller's is kinda like going to Philly and besmerching cheesesteak sandwiches.

Watch your back.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:29 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post

Coming to Dallas and besmerching Keller's is kinda like going to Philly and besmerching cheesesteak sandwiches.

Watch your back.
I can't recall ever going to Keller's since I have been in Dallas.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:48 PM

14,874 posts, read 36,265,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post

Watch your back.

And making comments about the "rustic look". That stuff was brand spanking new when it was put in back when the place was first built many many ages ago. LOL!! It just got rustic as it aged and has not been replaced. A lot of new places pay a lot of good money to get that kind of look. LOL!!!

I LOOOOOVE Keller's. It is a good burger. I actually prefer the Dairyette's fries over Keller's though.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:36 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,914,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
I dont know who Josh Brolin is.
You need to see no country for old men..Some of it filmed in West Texas and an EXCELLENT flick. Brolin was fantastic in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas