U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:51 PM

487 posts, read 1,225,755 times

Advertisements

Deli News on Campbell Road just East of Preston has that on their menu. I have had their burgers and they are great. My Fiance' has has Pastrami there and enjoys it. I am guessing that combined (if you are in to that) would also be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a place in N. Dallas to get a decent pastrami burger?

Like a greek diner/ burger place? For reference, here is a photo of what I had in mind. From a place I used to go where I used to live.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,492,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDadof2 View Post
Deli News on Campbell Road just East of Preston has that on their menu. I have had their burgers and they are great. My Fiance' has has Pastrami there and enjoys it. I am guessing that combined (if you are in to that) would also be good.
Awesome! Thanks! I just found their website today and they look to have basically what my fat ass is seeking! Man, I love me a good pastrami burger but dude, it kills the waistline. I used to always eat these at a place called The Hat. If you're ever in So Cal try to go there if you love burgers, pastrami, or chili cheese fries. You won't be sorry!

I keep meaning to try Twisted Root, but it never seems to work out. We have been making our own Buffalo burgers at home. Yum!

Old 08-07-2010, 08:19 AM

1,637 posts, read 3,492,899 times
So last night I finally made it out to Twisted Root in Richardson. It was cool. My wife loved her burger. It had pepperjack cheese and jalapenos or something. Mine was ok. The meat itself was kind of dry and overcooked. It was nice grabbing a PBR for $2 though. Overall it was decent and I will go back. I just feel that it's overhyped.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:24 AM

864 posts, read 2,273,515 times
Anyone here tried "Burger Girl" yet? It's the newest "breastaurant" in the DFW metro, a burger place in HP (Uptown), in the same place where La Cubanita used to be on McKinney and Knox. Supposedly it has a Kobe burger too. Just wondering if anyone has actually tried the food yet. Don't care about the scenery so much, more about the food.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:09 AM

687 posts, read 1,337,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
Anyone here tried "Burger Girl" yet? It's the newest "breastaurant" in the DFW metro, a burger place in HP (Uptown), in the same place where La Cubanita used to be on McKinney and Knox. Supposedly it has a Kobe burger too. Just wondering if anyone has actually tried the food yet. Don't care about the scenery so much, more about the food.
I just tried it this past week. They do have a Kobe burger, and it was pretty good. The burger was better than average but the fries weren't anything to write home about. I'm sure I'll go back, but I like Twisted Root and even Angry Dog better when I want a good burger.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:20 PM

256 posts, read 517,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
Burger was ok. Their weekend brunch is supposedly becoming pretty popular.

Have you tried Maple & Motor yet?

Old 08-10-2010, 04:30 PM

864 posts, read 2,273,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakehighlands View Post
Burger was ok. Their weekend brunch is supposedly becoming pretty popular.

Have you tried Maple & Motor yet?
Thanks for the info. Been wanting a kobe burger (And not have to make it myself), so I will try that at Burger Girl once I get myself there.

A co-worker who is a Dallas (UP) native was touting Maple & Motor and saying that we absolutely need to go. Hopefully it's as good as advertised. He said something about having to take it to go because seating is virtually non-existent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas