U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 09:53 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,457,526 times

Advertisements

I have a club ride of up to 50 people that leaves from that intersection every Sunday morning. Great central location. There has been a trend of McMansions replacing smaller single story homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 12:00 AM
hsw

2,144 posts, read 6,214,977 times
Suspect the biggest delta for those with kids is need to opt for ~$50K/yr/kid pvt schools in PH, vs "free", excellent (easily best in TX, amongst top 2-3 in US) public schools in HP

Land is much cheaper in PH than HP; homes are often on more spacious lots in PH than in HP w/its townhouse-like puny lots

HP has a more family-oriented, quasi-urban "feel" than PH's estate country feel; HP Village is a quaint shopping village vs more modern suburban shopping

PH faces hassles of being in City of Dallas and its police, road surfaces, and city svcs (or lack thereof and sometimes need to pay for own pvt police) vs an elite, cordoned-off suburb like HP

Commute obviously varies based upon whether one's office is in Uptown vs Plano vs Irving

Old 06-17-2010, 09:21 AM

8,881 posts, read 10,358,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsw View Post
Suspect the biggest delta for those with kids is need to opt for ~$50K/yr/kid pvt schools in PH, vs "free", excellent (easily best in TX, amongst top 2-3 in US) public schools in HP

Land is much cheaper in PH than HP; homes are often on more spacious lots in PH than in HP w/its townhouse-like puny lots

HP has a more family-oriented, quasi-urban "feel" than PH's estate country feel; HP Village is a quaint shopping village vs more modern suburban shopping

PH faces hassles of being in City of Dallas and its police, road surfaces, and city svcs (or lack thereof and sometimes need to pay for own pvt police) vs an elite, cordoned-off suburb like HP

Commute obviously varies based upon whether one's office is in Uptown vs Plano vs Irving
Many families in Preston Hollow only think they need private schools. This year's preliminary scores have been released. Preston Hollow, Pershing, Withers, Dealey, and Kramer all made exemplary.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:32 AM

372 posts, read 568,560 times
Thank you all for writing and sharing with me! We filled out an application yesterday and are hoping to hear something soon. No worries with my kiddos. My oldest does an online charter school and my youngest has a private school in West Plano that is a 22 minute drive from that location. I certainly appreciate everyone's input. The house is a lovely modest ranch and we are thrilled at the aspect of finally being able to live in Dallas proper or at least we hope. I am 99% sure this will happen.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:53 AM

8,881 posts, read 10,358,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Life View Post
Thank you all for writing and sharing with me! We filled out an application yesterday and are hoping to hear something soon. No worries with my kiddos. My oldest does an online charter school and my youngest has a private school in West Plano that is a 22 minute drive from that location. I certainly appreciate everyone's input. The house is a lovely modest ranch and we are thrilled at the aspect of finally being able to live in Dallas proper or at least we hope. I am 99% sure this will happen.
Good luck!

Old 06-17-2010, 01:30 PM

5 posts, read 5,775 times
This is a very nice neighborhood. I live farther north across 635 but do all my shopping in the area because of the Whole Foods, bookstore, great public library, and post office. It's very affluent, but more in an old money kind of way. You'll see a lot of families but it seems a lot more established that outer suburbs like Plano and the like. I didn't read all the posts so I don't know if you mentioned where your job was, but this area is very centrally located.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or