U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-10-2010, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Upper East Side of Texas
12,521 posts, read 22,433,481 times
Reputation: 4890

Advertisements

Are you kidding me? DTFW kills DTD on every aspect. It may be a little smaller, but its a lot livelier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-10-2010, 11:51 PM
 
1,064 posts, read 3,035,186 times
Reputation: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I do think that DtD and DTFW are in different leagues... a busy bustling DTFW would still NOT be on the same level as a quiet life-less dtd. Thats because dtd offers more options on every aspect. Even if the streets didnt have a single sole on them....so in other words...foot traffic is only a small fraction of a vibrant central core....retail options play a bigger part. And FtWorths DT options are no where near Dallas'
LOL, you do not know what you are talking about. So even if downtown Dallas is empty and not a single person milling around it is better than a busy downtown FW? That is your argument? You are being completely illogical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 12:00 AM
 
Location: Upper East Side of Texas
12,521 posts, read 22,433,481 times
Reputation: 4890
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtoal View Post
LOL, you do not know what you are talking about. So even if downtown Dallas is empty and not a single person milling around it is better than a busy downtown FW? That is your argument? You are being completely illogical.
Dallasboi is known on these forums for making some rather off the wall claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2010, 12:31 PM
 
4,066 posts, read 5,214,666 times
Reputation: 1720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dallasboi is known on these forums for making some rather off the wall claims.
What im tryna say is...in simple form...Dtfw= Starbucks and borders books and the new Omni and foot traffic. Dtd= Fearings,560,dallas Fish market,Joule Hotel,Adolphus hotel,Double in size twice the parks wit less street traffic...DALLAS WINS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Funky Town, Texas
4,022 posts, read 6,956,872 times
Reputation: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
What im tryna say is...in simple form...Dtfw= Starbucks and borders books and the new Omni and foot traffic. Dtd= Fearings,560,dallas Fish market,Joule Hotel,Adolphus hotel,Double in size twice the parks wit less street traffic...DALLAS WINS
And you went to South Oak Cliff

"The Paul Laurence Dunbar High School"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2010, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Willowbend/Houston
13,403 posts, read 20,390,228 times
Reputation: 10188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Are you kidding me? DTFW kills DTD on every aspect. It may be a little smaller, but its a lot livelier.
No argument there. If we were talking Uptown Dallas it might be a slightly different story, but give me downtown Fort Worth over downtown Dallas any day of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2010, 02:07 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,872,063 times
Reputation: 6264
Well since you are from 'out west' I suggest you move over there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2010, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Willowbend/Houston
13,403 posts, read 20,390,228 times
Reputation: 10188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Well since you are from 'out west' I suggest you move over there!
Why? I love living in Dallas. That doesnt mean downtown Fort Worth isnt better than downtown Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2010, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Funky Town, Texas
4,022 posts, read 6,956,872 times
Reputation: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Well since you are from 'out west' I suggest you move over there because even though I am a Dallasite I find Fort Worth to be a lot more attractive town than Dallas. I sure wish I could move out to Western Half of the Metroplex.
Well Thank you Lakewooder... I don't know what to say...I am speechless at the moment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2010, 04:36 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,872,063 times
Reputation: 6264
WAIT I did not say THAT! LOL

I haven't forgotten about Westworld (1973)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top