U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 AM

3,531 posts, read 7,669,611 times

Advertisements

I'm assuming you're talking grilled.

Rex's seafood at Lover's and Inwood has good ones. But man, they are difficult to find here, otherwise. Uncle Julio's does some decent ones. The new Rusty Taco at Greenville and Lover's has some decent ones.

Mi cocina does some decent ones as well.

Baja fresh - - if you like frozen. By that I mean, no.

There is a great place in Austin, that came from CA, called Wahoo. I wish there was one up here.

I am moving to either Oxnard, San Fran area or Portland in two days. Looking forward to more seafood options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 10:57 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,160,280 times
Texmex is influenced by cuisine in Mexico outside of the Baja California/Pacific regions, so good fish tacos are hard to find. The fact that Dallas is pretty far from the coast in general makes it even harder.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:59 PM

9,812 posts, read 20,453,908 times
I *LOVE* fish tacos!!!

Baja Fresh's are pretty good, but they are fried. Personally, I prefer grilled.
Uncle Julio's are pretty good, too.
On The Border's are GROSS. (I only ate them once, and they gave me a tummy ache.)
I hear that Fuel City in Dallas has really good ones, but I've never tried them.
Fuzzy's are really good!! Fuzzy's Taco Shop - Home of Fuzzy's Famous Baja Tacos
La Familia in Fort Worth so far makes my favorites, even though they are fried. La Familia Restaurant: Home: The West Side’s flavor of Mexico!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:08 PM

1,203 posts, read 3,860,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotquiteawake View Post
One of the few things I missed about California. Fish Tacos. Del Taco had them, most small Mexican food places had them, but I can't seem to find any good chains out here that have them.

Tell me... where are the fish tacos here?
I grew up in California and always ate at Del Taco, didn't know they had fish tacos there lol

What area of the metroplex are you in? If you live near Greenville Ave hit up Rusty Taco. If you're in Richardson or North Richland Hills hit up Fuzzy Taco (I think they're building one off of Abrams in Dallas as well) it just really depends where you are. I wouldn't drive from a certain area to go get fish tacos, but thats just me. Rusty and Fuzzy have really good shrimp and fish tacos.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:20 PM

257 posts, read 530,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post

What area of the metroplex are you in? If you live near Greenville Ave hit up Rusty Taco. If you're in Richardson or North Richland Hills hit up Fuzzy Taco (I think they're building one off of Abrams in Dallas as well)
Fuzzy's is opening a location in the former Blockbuster space in Hillside Village.

Urban Taco has good fish tacos.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:31 PM

2,982 posts, read 8,363,579 times
Since when does Fuel City have fish tacos?

Old 06-22-2010, 08:38 PM

257 posts, read 530,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
Since when does Fuel City have fish tacos?
They don't

Old 06-22-2010, 08:41 PM

980 posts, read 2,906,217 times
I love Baja Fresh tacos! But never had there fish taco? Hmmm maybe something to try

Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 PM

6,585 posts, read 22,837,356 times
We just had a Fuzzy's Taco place open in Richardson on Campbell Road in the old Brams location - near Custer.

I think I order some kind of fish taco at Rockfish. It's good whatever it is.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 PM

155 posts, read 429,997 times
There is a place on Preston and Frankford called Berryhill Baja Grill that has very good fish tacos. Their website claims that they were named Zagats Best Fish Taco ever. They are from Houston, but have a location here in Dallas and one in Austin.

Berryhill Baja Grill

BTW - I was in San Diego last week and ate at Wahoo's and was really disappointed. Everything was really bland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or