U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 06:15 PM

11,688 posts, read 21,311,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
turtlecreek, based on your list, i'm absolutely sure we must have partied at the same place on some random night. Imagine that, especially since I live all the way in Addison!!
Oh, that's not where I hang out....just trying to find the perfect 17th bday venue for a poor spoiled high school kid whose parents made her move to Sunnyvale from New Jersey!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 01:12 AM

1,538 posts, read 6,325,406 times
Someones been watching too much My Super Sweet 16. Most clubs here are 21 and up, there are a few that allow 18 and up. There may be one of two all ages venues. You could try FunAsia in Richardson, they have an area that is set up like a dance club, but they do not sell or serve alcohol so I imagine they would allow minors in.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:34 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,485,020 times
Why so much for a 17th b-day? It's not a "milestone" birthday. Just sayin'.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:36 PM

81 posts, read 213,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
This is the kind of club I was referring to- a hip nightspot that will make anywhere from $10,000-$25,000++ on a Friday/Saturday night from their alcohol revenue. Since 17 year olds are not allowed to drink, you're parents would need to cover the venue's missed sales opporunity.

"Fancy" places on the list would be:
PM Lounge- at the Joule Hotel downtown
Dragonfly at the Hotel Zaza- cool in the winter because they put a dance floor in over the pool & the pool is lit up underneath.
Lotus on McKinney Ave
Aura on McKinney Ave
Ghostbar at the W Hotel (this will probably cost $50k++)
Candle Room off of Henderson Avenue.

You can also rent "party" places like Gilley's downtown or 7 Senses in the Design District.

Then there are social clubs, where your parents must be members or have a member sponsor them. They are mainly downtown at the top of highrises--> Petroleum Club, Crescent Club.

Thanks so much! I'm in LOVE with Aura & 7senses. Dragonfly seems awesome too, but its probably more expensive since its at a hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
Why so much for a 17th b-day? It's not a "milestone" birthday. Just sayin'.
I haven't had a birthday party since I was like.. 10 years old, so I want big parties for both 17 & 18. My parents may have enough money by then so I'm preparing in advance haha.. or just daydreaming at the possibilities

Old 06-30-2010, 03:01 PM

81 posts, read 213,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Oh, that's not where I hang out....just trying to find the perfect 17th bday venue for a poor spoiled high school kid whose parents made her move to Sunnyvale from New Jersey!
lol im not spoiled at all.. you dont know me. im just running through ideas. who said my parents would even agree with this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas