U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2010, 11:18 AM
 
81 posts, read 213,289 times
Reputation: 47

Advertisements

I turn 17 in January and was thinking of holding my party at a club, if my parents agree to it. But what are some cool clubs around Dallas that allow you to rent out the place for the night? Or a section of it, perhaps? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2010, 11:26 AM
 
11,671 posts, read 21,236,098 times
Reputation: 10057
Quote:
Originally Posted by suntastic08 View Post
I turn 17 in January and was thinking of holding my party at a club, if my parents agree to it. But what are some cool clubs around Dallas that allow you to rent out the place for the night? Or a section of it, perhaps? Thanks!

As in nightclub "club"? Good luck!! You'd have to buy out the club for the evening (ie, pay them for the thousands of lost dollars in alcohol sales they won't have by hosting a 17 year old's bday).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
 
81 posts, read 213,289 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
As in nightclub "club"? Good luck!! You'd have to buy out the club for the evening (ie, pay them for the thousands of lost dollars in alcohol sales they won't have by hosting a 17 year old's bday).
it'll cost more because they cant sell alcohol? lol

and please guys, no lectures. i know doing this isn't cheap. i just want to know which clubs are cool and allow you to do this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:37 PM
 
2,982 posts, read 8,177,749 times
Reputation: 1539
This is a space you can rent for any type of event and would be perfect for a club atmosphere. You'd hire the DJ., etc.

The Quixotic World Theatre House & Magikal Event Space
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:40 PM
 
Location: West Seattle
178 posts, read 241,425 times
Reputation: 130
This sounds like a really bad idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 02:32 PM
 
81 posts, read 213,289 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Mongo View Post
This sounds like a really bad idea.
why? loads of people rent out clubs for parties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 03:36 PM
 
576 posts, read 1,584,366 times
Reputation: 394
suntastic, what do you mean by "club"?

To turtlecreek and myself, when you say "club", we think of actual dance clubs. The majority of dance clubs in the dallas area serve alcohol. These clubs will not rent out their space to you, unless you pay thousands and thousands of dollars. The typical club will make over $10,000 on a fri/sat night - to rent the club to you, you're going to have to cover that amount.

Now, there are "clubhouses" you can rent as an activity space. These are common at country clubs and other places. These are basically big empty halls, and you can get your own dj/etc. A lot of these nicer places will have food minimums per guest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 03:59 PM
 
3,317 posts, read 7,253,255 times
Reputation: 4095
I can't help it.

You want to rent a CLUB because you are turning 17?? That is the least responsible thing I have ever heard. Take the money, or a fraction of the money, it would cost, and put it into some kind of bond/fund/401(k)/give it to a charity/do anything less douchey.

I truly thought the post was about renting golf clubs.

Your question is disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 05:01 PM
 
11,671 posts, read 21,236,098 times
Reputation: 10057
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
suntastic, what do you mean by "club"?

To turtlecreek and myself, when you say "club", we think of actual dance clubs. The majority of dance clubs in the dallas area serve alcohol. These clubs will not rent out their space to you, unless you pay thousands and thousands of dollars. The typical club will make over $10,000 on a fri/sat night - to rent the club to you, you're going to have to cover that amount.

Now, there are "clubhouses" you can rent as an activity space. These are common at country clubs and other places. These are basically big empty halls, and you can get your own dj/etc. A lot of these nicer places will have food minimums per guest.

This is the kind of club I was referring to- a hip nightspot that will make anywhere from $10,000-$25,000++ on a Friday/Saturday night from their alcohol revenue. Since 17 year olds are not allowed to drink, you're parents would need to cover the venue's missed sales opporunity.

"Fancy" places on the list would be:
PM Lounge- at the Joule Hotel downtown
Dragonfly at the Hotel Zaza- cool in the winter because they put a dance floor in over the pool & the pool is lit up underneath.
Lotus on McKinney Ave
Aura on McKinney Ave
Ghostbar at the W Hotel (this will probably cost $50k++)
Candle Room off of Henderson Avenue.

You can also rent "party" places like Gilley's downtown or 7 Senses in the Design District.

Then there are social clubs, where your parents must be members or have a member sponsor them. They are mainly downtown at the top of highrises--> Petroleum Club, Crescent Club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 05:09 PM
 
576 posts, read 1,584,366 times
Reputation: 394
turtlecreek, based on your list, i'm absolutely sure we must have partied at the same place on some random night. Imagine that, especially since I live all the way in Addison!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top