Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2007, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,240 times

Advertisements

I have built up some large medical bills and other various debt that is really overwhelming when I look at it at this point and my wife is breaking down and needs to be relieved from having to pay the bills all the time and can't manage money as strongly as she needs to be with me. So I want to pack up all the debt (bills) and take them to a credit counseling agency to get them paid as soon as possible. My plan at this point with or without my wife is to that I am going to take all my bills as I am not good at paying bills and dealing with money. Acutally I am good at spending money but not good at budgeting and paying my debts. Therefore, I need a Christian Debt Counselor as soon as possible that won't rip me off at this point. Please advise me on what to look for and what not to look for in an advisor. Does anyone no a good one that is in the Garland, Plano, or North Dallas area?

Thanks
Danny

Last edited by DANIELBJENNINGS; 06-22-2007 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: First post was to general with no question being asked for help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 10:29 AM

454 posts, read 1,339,239 times
I don't know of any but I wanted to wish you good luck. We're in a similar situation so I know how hard it is.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:30 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,916 times
It appears that you are trying to make the effort to get things under control, just keep in mind that even with a counseling service, you will also need to treat the cause and not just the effects. You will need to get a handle on your spending habits. (Which is probably the same thing your wife's been telling you...)

Old 06-22-2007, 10:31 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times
Have you called Consumer Credit Counseling Service?

Old 06-22-2007, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,217 times
Absolutely...Dave Ramsey - everyday from 1pm-4pm TalkRadio 570 KLIF - Listen Live Online (http://www.klif.com/listen.asp - broken link) TalkRadio 570 KLIF - Listen Live Online or you can tune in at 570AM.

Go here to find a local class: Real Debt Help - Get out of debt with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan.

I am sure you can great advise just listening to the archives here: The Dave Ramsey Show

Old 06-22-2007, 01:16 PM

1,004 posts, read 3,755,171 times
Regarding medical bills: If you haven't already, try to negotiate with the provider. Those are usually grossly overinflated for non-insured people for tax purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: