Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 10:47 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,171,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAH View Post
There must be something about shipping into the center of the country. In my local TJ's they have a pushpin map and the West and East Coasts are so thick the pins look like they are falling out in spots. But a massive area in the center of the country has no pins. I think the furthest East they go is somewhere in AZ.
I wish I had a dollar for every time a former Californian has posted about the dearth of Trader Joe's or In-N-Out in Texas. My personal recession would be long over.

And TJ's is in the center of the country and much further east than Arizona. They're in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Tennessee, and New Mexico. And some East Coast markets still don't have TJs either. Going by the relative strength of the local economies, the number of upscale yupsters, and sheer population size, it does seem odd that such markets as Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, Denver/Boulder, Houston, and Dallas-Ft. Worth don't have any TJs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 11:12 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
I understand that they're about to move into Miami in a big way.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Anyone familiar with Natural Grocers : All Natural Organic Health Food and Nutritional Supplements Online? There is one at Coit and Campbell and one opening at Preston Forest. Don't know if this helps the OP or not.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:02 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
I wish I had a dollar for every time a former Californian has posted about the dearth of Trader Joe's or In-N-Out in Texas. My personal recession would be long over.
No kidding. LOL!!!

Old 08-10-2010, 03:23 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post

And TJ's is in the center of the country and much further east than Arizona. They're in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Tennessee, and New Mexico. And some East Coast markets still don't have TJs either. Going by the relative strength of the local economies, the number of upscale yupsters, and sheer population size, it does seem odd that such markets as Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, Denver/Boulder, Houston, and Dallas-Ft. Worth don't have any TJs.
I'd rather have Publix anyway.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:54 AM

548 posts, read 1,479,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Anyone familiar with Natural Grocers : All Natural Organic Health Food and Nutritional Supplements Online? There is one at Coit and Campbell and one opening at Preston Forest. Don't know if this helps the OP or not.
This is where I shop. Natural Grocers is awesome. All of their produce is organic and really fresh. I haven't done the calculations myself, but I know someone who says she cut her monthly grocery bill by 30% when she switched from WF to NG.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:02 AM

659 posts, read 1,376,747 times
The world is not enough. TJ? Cramped, dingy stores with idiosyncatic offerings at inflated prices. Hum, I guess you'll have to move back to L.A. Bummer.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:51 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle77 View Post
This is where I shop. Natural Grocers is awesome. All of their produce is organic and really fresh. I haven't done the calculations myself, but I know someone who says she cut her monthly grocery bill by 30% when she switched from WF to NG.
Great! Looking forward to checking it out. I love Whole Foods but I spend way too much when I go there.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:56 PM

44 posts, read 116,243 times
There's a shop in Watters Creek, Allen which is cool

Allen, Tx Grocery Stores : Market Street Grocery Store and Supermarket - Allen, Texas - 985 W Bethany Dr, Allen, TX 75013 - (972) 908-3830

I do miss TJ's new york cheesecake!

Old 08-10-2010, 06:46 PM

26 posts, read 47,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are right, one more thing: someone said it has to do with shipping the wine into Texas. That isn't really the case, manufactioners can ship into Texas, it is just companies can not, in most cases, ship from Ca to particular homes.

As for discontinueing, I agree. I used to love the baby aritchokes when we lived in NM. All of a sudden, no more and I haven't seen them in a couple of years (any TJs) yes, the customer service is great, just like InNOut customer service and some that we get here. Our local liquor store is perfect. They won't let you even carry one bottle of wine out, they insist on doing it for you. Whole Foods is totally out of our price range, but TJoes we could easily handle. Let's just all cross our fingers for you and maybe after Texas they will find a location in NWA or SWMO.

Nita
Nita
Look Nita, I will help them find a warehouse if necessary. I'm that serious.
I think I would be able to get enough people on this forum to help me. I don't know what I'm going to do without my cornbread greek pizza, and my barbecue chicken salad. Since I'm the researcher it would be nice if I came across a place even better. Maybe there is a place we just don't know about it yet. If I find an amazing place I promise to come back here and post it. What part of New Mexico are you from? Did you like it there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas