Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 11:08 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times

Advertisements

To make a long story short, I am a single 25 year old male currently living in Charlotte, NC and have lived here about a year. While I like Charlotte, I would kind of like to move closer to family while still being able to enjoy the city life, and Dallas is the only city that fits my criteria in that region. My degree is in IT but the economy hasn't been kind to me and I have been out of IT work for over a year. I am currently working a call center job making $30,000/year in Charlotte. I would like to find something making at least that in Dallas and I would like to have it lined up before I move. I am willing to pay my own relocation. What would be the best way to make this possible being that most employers won't consider somebody with an out of state address on their resume? Thanks for any replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 12:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Go ahead and submit resumes, sign up on Monster or other boards.

Get a Skype number with a local area code for the DFW... Look up businesses on Google to find out what the area codes are.

Don't use a street address. It's not like they're gonna come looking for you. Phone and email should be suitable. If you have family in the area then you might use that address for a local. Or have someone there rent a Postal Box for you.

Check PM for other info.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:28 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
To make a long story short, I am a single 25 year old male currently living in Charlotte, NC and have lived here about a year. While I like Charlotte, I would kind of like to move closer to family while still being able to enjoy the city life, and Dallas is the only city that fits my criteria in that region. My degree is in IT but the economy hasn't been kind to me and I have been out of IT work for over a year. I am currently working a call center job making $30,000/year in Charlotte. I would like to find something making at least that in Dallas and I would like to have it lined up before I move. I am willing to pay my own relocation. What would be the best way to make this possible being that most employers won't consider somebody with an out of state address on their resume? Thanks for any replies.
I recently moved from the Dallas-Fort Worth area after spending about 20 plus years in the I.T. industry there. Try the DICE website for jobs in the DFW area. If you have a good set of skills and some experience you should be able to find something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: