Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 04:24 PM

1,004 posts, read 3,755,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
White Rock Lake is a gem you don't want miss..and this area is appreciating fast so you will make some money on your home.
So true. I love having a "dinner picknick" after work at the tip of the peninsula watching the sunset and the skyline of downtown. The lake is soooo beautiful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 PM

81 posts, read 237,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
No it isn't. I am not sure what that area is. Is it still Lake Highlands? It is indeed awkward to see a new DW development in this area.

I am wondering, is there new construction in Lakewood?
Yes, if by "new construction" you mean tearing down a beautiful Tudor and putting up a McMansion.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:40 PM

197 posts, read 1,138,565 times
Look at Elizabeth Newman Custom Homes and Barnett West Custom Homes. Both are building like crazy in Lake Highlands (excellent RISD schools) and Lakewood. Most are between 485k and 795k.

The ENCH homes in Lake Highlands are all going up in White Rock Valley -- blocks from the north end of the park and a 10 minute walk to the lake itself.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:45 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times
There are some RISD Lake Highlands areas schools that are terrible, so do research. There are great schools over there, but not all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBilly View Post
Look at Elizabeth Newman Custom Homes and Barnett West Custom Homes. Both are building like crazy in Lake Highlands (excellent RISD schools) and Lakewood. Most are between 485k and 795k.

The ENCH homes in Lake Highlands are all going up in White Rock Valley -- blocks from the north end of the park and a 10 minute walk to the lake itself.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
There are some RISD Lake Highlands areas schools that are terrible, so do research. There are great schools over there, but not all of them.
Rather than anonymous, sweeping scare tactics from north Dallas, help the person out, OK? List them.

The ones that serve 75238 are just fine, thank you very much.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:14 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times
I would not send my child to either Skyview Elementary or Stults Road Elementary.

Moss Haven, Lake Highlands, Hamilton Park, Merriman Park are all good schools.

I don't know anything about White Rock Elementary one way or the other.

I have relatives that work in the district, friends with kids in the district and I'm a product of RISD as are several relatives and I withdrew my son from RISD.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:32 PM

Thanks.

As an FYI to the OP, White Rock Elementary is very, very good. I know schools are not an issue for you, but it has a positive bearing on resale in inner Dallas areas.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:41 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
I think it's fair to say that FarNorthDallas is a private school proponent so that is where he/she is coming from.

Personally, I don't like private schools as I think they have a negative effect which manifests itself later...so that is where I am coming from...

Old 06-26-2007, 03:52 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I think it's fair to say that FarNorthDallas is a private school proponent so that is where he/she is coming from.

Personally, I don't like private schools as I think they have a negative effect which manifests itself later...so that is where I am coming from...
Would you care to elaborate on the negative effect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas