Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 10:26 AM

47 posts, read 234,177 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna do it! Make the move to Frisco/Mckinney area. Been planning for about a year now and think its time. Just dont like southern Ca. anymore. So instead of complaining about what is wrong with Ca I'm just gonna move to where i feel is a better place for me Going to visit some friends there next month for the 6th time in 3yrs so this is not a whim. I've enjoy the people there and the slower pace. People seem more sincere and nice (just my observation). Doesnt seem like they want something from you like out here in CA. Will find work and a place to live in the Frisco/Mckinney area so traffic will be a minimum. Both should be easy as Im in sales and there are plenty of those types of jobs as long as you can sell Im excited for the move and looking forward to meeting the nice people of this area........ me? (single, male,38 and no kids) See you all by January. Hoping and planning for a great 2011!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 12:09 PM

885 posts, read 1,548,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino702 View Post
I'm gonna do it! Make the move to Frisco/Mckinney area. Been planning for about a year now and think its time. Just dont like southern Ca. anymore. So instead of complaining about what is wrong with Ca I'm just gonna move to where i feel is a better place for me Going to visit some friends there next month for the 6th time in 3yrs so this is not a whim. I've enjoy the people there and the slower pace. People seem more sincere and nice (just my observation). Doesnt seem like they want something from you like out here in CA. Will find work and a place to live in the Frisco/Mckinney area so traffic will be a minimum. Both should be easy as Im in sales and there are plenty of those types of jobs as long as you can sell Im excited for the move and looking forward to meeting the nice people of this area........ me? (single, male,38 and no kids) See you all by January. Hoping and planning for a great 2011!!!!!!
What do you sell though? Cell phones? Houses? Used cars? Garbage bags?

Old 08-23-2010, 07:42 AM

Hondas

Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 AM

6 posts, read 22,437 times
Good for you. I'm not too familiar with McKinney, but I hope everything works out!

Old 08-23-2010, 11:57 AM

95 posts, read 278,733 times
Quote:
Hondas
Hurry up and get here, I need a new Honda!

FYI - IMO you're right on all counts about the pace of life being slower and people just being genuinely friendly. We moved here from DC area and when people ask how Texas is, my reply is, "So far, so awesome!"

Old 08-24-2010, 05:21 PM

126 posts, read 343,713 times
We just visited for the first time and are also thinking of moving out of CA to DFW. I think TX has lots to offer and a better economy. Good luck with your big move!

Old 08-24-2010, 05:46 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,806,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAH View Post
We just visited for the first time and are also thinking of moving out of CA to DFW. I think TX has lots to offer and a better economy. Good luck with your big move!

I second this sentiment..From MA, just visited a week ago, loved it. It's a matter of time. If I didn't have a house to sell my bags would already be packed.

Good luck to you, you're making a good decision.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:24 AM

1,517 posts, read 1,659,645 times
Ditto on everyone's comments. I too will be moving to Dallas at the beginning of the year. Really looking forward to the change! Good luck to everyone and their relocation plans.

Change is good!

Old 09-01-2010, 11:11 AM

thanks for everyones' positive comments, im looking forward to the next adventure/chapter in my life

Old 09-01-2010, 11:28 AM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
Quote:
thanks for everyones' positive comments, im looking forward to the next adventure/chapter in my life
Get your friends to teach you how to understand the Texas language. Lesson #1 is You All is properly spelled Y'all.

Welcome to TX, It's a great place to be from. Get one of those bumper stickers that says "I wasn't born in TX, but I got here as fast as I could"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: