U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-13-2010, 07:42 PM

10 posts, read 16,713 times
Default 1 Bedroom Apt in Plano with Short Term lease?

Can you get a 3 month lease anywhere for a 1 bedroom in Plano?
What is a reasonable price for a safe area?
Not looking for anything fancy, just a safe place to stay until the whole family moves out and we buy a house. Any recommendations? Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 09:39 PM
k_s

408 posts, read 428,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blacksmith View Post
Can you get a 3 month lease anywhere for a 1 bedroom in Plano?
What is a reasonable price for a safe area?
Not looking for anything fancy, just a safe place to stay until the whole family moves out and we buy a house. Any recommendations? Thx
I'm sure there are some extended-stay hotels and "furnished, corporate housing units" in the area, with all the HQs that are in Plano. Have you looked into those?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:23 AM

286 posts, read 251,332 times
Oakwood Corporate leases out apartments for corporate housing. It isn't cheap but it could be something that you might want to look into. Temporary Furnished Apartments, Corporate Apartments, Serviced Apartments and Extended Stay Housing
You can also check craigs list and see if someone needs to sub lease out their home for awhile. I saw one the other day for the White Rock Lake area I believe for just a few months.
Also on Plano Parkway and Preston area, near Plano Baylor, there is a Home Studio and Extended Stay. That area I would deem as very nice. Also another Extended Stay would be at Parker and Dallas Parkway on the east side of Parker. Good luck.. and also one more suggestion, many people want to buy when they move here. Find a great area and lease before you buy.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:11 PM

10 posts, read 16,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Life View Post
Oakwood Corporate leases out apartments for corporate housing. It isn't cheap but it could be something that you might want to look into. Temporary Furnished Apartments, Corporate Apartments, Serviced Apartments and Extended Stay Housing
You can also check craigs list and see if someone needs to sub lease out their home for awhile. I saw one the other day for the White Rock Lake area I believe for just a few months.
Also on Plano Parkway and Preston area, near Plano Baylor, there is a Home Studio and Extended Stay. That area I would deem as very nice. Also another Extended Stay would be at Parker and Dallas Parkway on the east side of Parker. Good luck.. and also one more suggestion, many people want to buy when they move here. Find a great area and lease before you buy.
Thanks for the help. I'm not interested in corporate housing or extended stay places..Looking for something a little less expensive...Unfurnished is fine.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:37 AM

728 posts, read 876,969 times
Been there, done that a year ago. What we learned about apartment complexes is that if the vacancy rate is high, and they have a prospective tenant with the right qualifications (a job, a pulse, decent credit), then they will negotiate almost anything.

It was a little like buying a car. We learned not to let on what our specific needs were, but whenever a sales rep stated they had a unit available "immediately" or at the first of the month, it was a good sign that they would deal. They don't advertise this -- usually it will be offered as some kind of "special." Or you could just propose it yourself.

Granted, the apts that had a higher vacancy rate were vacant for a reason, ie., older, fewer amenities, units needed re-modeling, etc.

You might try calling a few to test the waters. Keep in mind that newer complexes with tons of amenities are going to be more in demand and therefore, less willing to negotiate something like this.

You could also offer to pay a higher than advertised rent in exchange for the short term lease (but I get the impression that this may not be the right option for you, since you stated that extended stay hotels were too expensive).

Best of luck!

Old 10-15-2010, 04:26 PM

286 posts, read 251,332 times
I understand We are seeking temporary housing right now as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas