Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2007, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 8,027 times

Advertisements

Is Travis Ranch really worth the extra price of admission over Windmill Farms? I'm suppose to close on a house in Windmill Farms on 7/24 that I still really like but only having been in TX 2 weeks from AZ I'm now starting to wonder if I jumped the gun putting money down before knowing the area better. I am not really concerned with resale value, because I plan on staying in the home for several years. Any information or opinions would be helpful. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,500 times
Travis Ranch is my choice. if you get a house at Travis your house will have more value because they are going to build houses valued at 500,000 or more. Neither Windmill or Heartland has that. Heartland is losing value, its cheaper there.

Old 03-21-2023, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 482 times
This is an old thread but I had to comment. It is now 2023 and Windmill Farms seems like the best option then Travis Ranch. It seems that the home association isn’t really doing much in the neighborhood. The area is full of renters that a lot of them, but not all don’t value their home like an owner would. I’m seeing dented garages, trash, broke down cars, and disrespectful kids walking the neighborhood. I would consider Travis Ranch a low quality area to live in unfortunately. The master plan even sucks and is very depressing. If you look at Heartland master plan compared to Travis Ranch, then you should know what I mean. It doesn’t have that bright welcoming look like Heartland and other nicer neighborhoods. Travis Ranch just looks gloomy, dirty, poor and depressing in my opinion. It doesn’t matter how many high price homes they build in Travis Ranch, it still looks ghetto in my opinion. There is nothing luxury or anything to brag about in that neighborhood. It’s really sad how it’s going down hill. I blame the home association and the lousy renters that are moving in. The homes get broken into, drive by shootings, and car theft. I tried to sell my home, but not getting any luck. I guess I’ll just rent my house out to the government, like all the other owners and buy me another home in a better area with a way better school district. I don’t know what the home association actually does around here besides take money. Hope you chose Windmill Farms and not this ghetto neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas