Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2010, 07:56 AM

32 posts, read 82,571 times

Advertisements

We are moving to either Grapevine or Bedford for my husband's job and are wanting to rent in one of these areas before purchasing a home. Does anyone know of a place we can look at that would give us an insight on the rental market? We want a nice and safe neighborhood. Also, I have found a couple if sites that show the houses listed in MLS. Are there any sites where we can look at homes being rented by their owners? I tried looking in the Dallas Morning News website and didn't find anything for either of these towns. Do either Bedford or Grapevine have a local paper?

Last edited by bates0405; 10-15-2010 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: Want to make it a question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 09:42 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times
I thought I sent you an MLS site that listed rentals as well as homes for sale--
anyway
no local papers--FTW paper bought out prior ones or they folded--there are NE editions and SE editions of FTW paper for areas like Grapevine/Colleyville/Bedford areas or Mansfield/Arlington

there might be homes for rent with property management companies that would not be on site I sent but think they would be long-time rental property and frankly from reading what you posted before I don't think you would be interested in that type of property

In Bedford--these would be the neighborhoods that I think you would consider "desireable"
Bedford Estates
Brookwood Hills
Glenbrook
River Forest
Mayfair North
Mayfair Hills
Bedford Parc which is gated garden homes/small lots but newer with nice buildout
Willow Creek
Wendover
Woodhill
maybe Bedford Place but think homes might be too small

you might also conside in Euless--a new development in corner of Cheek Sparger and 157
called Eden Lake

why aren't you considering Colleyville, north Hurst, or North Richland Hills--
they are all close commute to Bedford where your husband will work and have all the amenities that Bedford or Grapevine would have?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:50 AM

32 posts, read 82,571 times
I did get your info! Thank you so much! We are just trying to find the best home for the money. Here most of the homes are leased by owner and wasn't sure if it is the same out there. Since we aren't there to really get a feel, I was trying to weed some areas out before we make a trip out there. We are looking for a year lease, so I would think that shouldn't be too hard to find.

As for the areas you mentioned, most of the posts and responses we have had said that Grapevine and Bedford would be the safest areas for our family. I read a few negative posts on Hurst and NRH. Also, I read that Colleyville is a little pricier than the rest.

All advise is VERY welcome!!!! Thank you for your help!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 09:17 PM

11,816 posts, read 26,650,028 times
DH and I have lived in Grapevine for 8 years now and we LOVE it! You really can't go wrong moving to Grapevine!

There is a local paper here, but you won't find many rentals in it. It's a subset of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Grapevine Courier

Honestly, most of the rentals here are either listed in MLS (Find Real Estate Listings, School and Neighborhood Information and More - Realtor.com® and click on "rentals") or are rented by the owners putting a sign in the front yard.

I agree Colleyville is much more expensive than Grapevine. BTW, what is your price range?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas