Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 5,966 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have insight into David Weekley's Custom Classics? They have a sign up for a new neighborhood in Coppell for "Custom Classics" and are not promoting the David Weekley brand name. I've heard from different sources that these homes will start in the 400s or 500s - which is expected for Coppell considering there are not many places left to build. I don't associate DW with homes in this range though.

We are very interested in building a new home but most new homes in Coppell are over $750K at this point.

We've looked at Darling and Highland Homes in new neighborhoods further North and Northeast that we love. I work in Las Colinas though and we really like the smaller size and the location of Coppell.

This new area may be one that we could stretch to afford but we would want to make an investment in a high quality builder at this price point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 09:14 AM

1,101 posts, read 4,329,022 times
There is a huge David Weekley design center on the west side of I35, just north of 190. It might be worth the trip to check out what they are doing there (you may have already done this).

Also, there are a couple of DW models in Castle Hills - they are building their higher-end styles there as well and you can see what their builds look like. Darling and Highland are also building there - you can compare them side-by-side.

Last edited by TriumphOfTheSprint; 07-06-2007 at 09:40 AM..

Old 07-06-2007, 09:21 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMLMom View Post
I don't associate DW with homes in this range though.

David Weekley builds many homes in that price point. I know because we are partial to DW Homes (own one now) and have been looking at what they currently offer in the DFW area, including in their "build on your lot" program.

David Weekley Homes builds fine new homes

Old 07-06-2007, 11:44 AM

670 posts, read 2,998,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
David Weekley builds many homes in that price point. I know because we are partial to DW Homes (own one now) and have been looking at what they currently offer in the DFW area, including in their "build on your lot" program.
That's been our experience, they have now an "Imagination Series" (well they've had it for a few years IIRC) and that's more starter homes on up. We had a Weekley and were quite satisified with it.

Last edited by GoPadge; 07-06-2007 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: