Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2010, 03:14 AM

4 posts, read 8,566 times

Advertisements

I have been browsing these pages for a month or so when I learned that I will be relocating to Dallas. The information that I have gained has been invaluable, but I am still tempted to post a thread about our situation and to ask a question or two.

We are relocating to Dallas from Helsinki, Finland. I am being expatriated for the 2nd time to the states, our first stint was a 5 year stay in the NW Chicago burbs. This time we decided that we want to experience warm weather.. or more precisely, a winter that doesnt have tons of snow and gazillions of subzero days.

Here are the quick facts before the questions:

- Our family is me, my wife, our newborn baby girl, 2 dogs (australian shepherds) and our cat.

- I will be travelling a fair bit, both by air and by car, so the proximity to major HWs and airport is a must

- We like the outdoors and I walk our dogs for atleast an hour a day. I know that the extreme heat will be challenging, but this means taking walks later at night (after sundown) so I need a place in a safe neighbourhood with sidewalks and proximity to dogparks.

- We are looking for a house/duplex/townhouse with a fenced (private) yard.

- A pool would be welcomed, either private or community

- Our budget is in the $1200 - $1700 range.

- I do not care about school districts, since I will have to return to our HQ in May of 2013.

I have been recommended Lakewood, Coppell, Grapevine and south lake. Which of these areas would fit our needs the best?

Thanks,

J & E
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 04:31 PM

11,852 posts, read 26,850,435 times
Where will your office be located. or will you be working from home?

I would cross Southlake off your list. It's out of your price range, and there are no dog parks near there. (Well, there is a car wash that has a SMALL one, but the big ones, like Fort Woof, etc. are a logn drive.)

Old 11-06-2010, 07:08 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,209,830 times
I don't think Lakewood will give you the easy access to travel by highway or to the airport that would suit your goal. I do think Coppell or Grapevine will give you better options.

Also, here's a C-D thread about dog parking around Lewisville and North Irving.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:47 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,554,400 times
Quote:

I have been recommended Lakewood, Coppell, Grapevine and south lake.
I'd cross off Lakewood and Southlake for the same reasons other posters mentioned. Check out Las Colinas. Coppell is awesome for airport/highway access.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas