Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 02:01 PM

12 posts, read 31,196 times

Advertisements

I am a hairdresser moving from Austin, looking for a BUSY salon- HIGH EnD and reputable. Any suggestions for the Mckinney, Plano, Frisco area?

I have a family and need to stay busy and grow clientele quickly. What salons are considered the hot spots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 02:14 PM

419 posts, read 997,902 times
In Collin County? I'm pretty sure Pro Cuts is considered high end that far north.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:24 PM

12 posts, read 31,196 times
Really? Interesting. No concept/Aveda salons in that area? Hard to believe.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:41 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
The "hot spots" are in Dallas....check out Osgood O'Neil Salon(the girl who does my color drives in from Plano) which has three locations in & near the Park Cities part of Dallas. There are also several well-regarded Aveda salons in Snider Plaza and the West Village.

There "may?" be an Elizabeth Arden or something along those lines at the Neiman's in Willowbend Mall in Plano....but there are no "hot" hair salons in Collin County. I work in north Plano and all the cute girls in my office get their hair cut in Dallas....even the ones who live in Plano/ Frisco/ McKinney.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:42 PM

PS- Quite frankly, there aren't enough truly "high end" people in Colin County who care about looking hip/current to keep a hip/current salon open. That generally means each person working in the salon needs about 200 customers who each pay $75-150 every 6 weeks in order to stay busy. Good luck finding 200 customers!

Old 11-09-2010, 11:03 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
The best "high end" salons in the suburbs are Toni & Guy. And honestly, the suburban locations have the kids just learning so they are not that "high end". They have the name and that is it. Honestly, the suburban Toni & Guy locations look no more upscale than a supercuts. Most people I know that have "great hair" and spend $$$ for it go to a salon in Dallas. Yes, women in the suburbs go to Dallas to get their hair done . We go to Dallas to go shopping as well. As said by others, the REAL "high end" salons that are busy all the time are IN Dallas, not the suburbs. Walk into ANY salon in the burbs on a Tuesday morning at 10:00 am and it is NOT busy at all. They can get you in. Do that in a reputable high end salon in Dallas and you need your appointment weeks/months out.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:30 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,491,643 times
The following are all very good salons in Collin County:

Avalon Salon was voted one of the best salons in Dallas. They are an Aveda Salon, with locations in Uptown, the Galleria AND Legacy Village in Plano. (Galleria location not good, though).

Also check Orange Salon (Aveda) in Watters Creek Village in Allen.

Finally -- Tony Cao salon in Frisco (Bumble and Bumble exclusive).

Old 01-25-2011, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,812 times
I love all of the posting slamming Plano. Funny how there are more millionaires per captia in Plano, Frisco, and McKinney than all of Dallas. The traffic is lighter, the streets are safer and cleaner, and you get substantially more for your money in property. Of course, I am sure the ones that posted rude comments about Plano are renters of a one bedroom apartment, with maxed out credit cards, and no plans for the future. The metroplex is one community and it is so sad to see narrow minds posting rude comments about something they know little about. Tell me one high end store that Dallas has that the northern burbs do not? Neimans? Check Aveda Salons? Check Nordstroms? Check Sax Fifth Avenue? Check. Idiots......

Old 01-25-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelboy312 View Post
I love all of the posting slamming Plano. Funny how there are more millionaires per captia in Plano, Frisco, and McKinney than all of Dallas. The traffic is lighter, the streets are safer and cleaner, and you get substantially more for your money in property. Of course, I am sure the ones that posted rude comments about Plano are renters of a one bedroom apartment, with maxed out credit cards, and no plans for the future. The metroplex is one community and it is so sad to see narrow minds posting rude comments about something they know little about. Tell me one high end store that Dallas has that the northern burbs do not? Neimans? Check Aveda Salons? Check Nordstroms? Check Sax Fifth Avenue? Check. Idiots......
Saks Fifth Avenue (Willowbend) closed in October....so you can cross that off your list. Dallas also has Barneys New York, Stanley Korshak, Hermes, Harry Winston, Oscar de la Renta, Tory Burch, Valentino, a Nordstorm with a designer dept (not @ the sorry merchandise assortment @ Stonebriar), need I go on further for you?

Just because one doesn't live in CoCo doesn't mean they don't work there and spend 50-60 hours a week there. Some of us DO know the retail/commercial market there quite well without sleeping there at night.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelboy312 View Post
I. Funny how there are more millionaires per captia in Plano, Frisco, and McKinney than all of Dallas.
Source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: