Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 11:21 PM

36 posts, read 114,866 times

Advertisements

So we are visiting Frisco for the first time to check things out. It's HUGE! Anyway, I noticed there's kinda 2 (or more) sides to it. Which area is best as far as schools, location to shopping and dining, and of course to the highways? If my question is too broad, clear it up cause I'm so confused!!! Once we drove through the cute old town past Pizza Hut park and kept going past Main Event Entertainment we liked that area. But I also know they are building a lot the other way.... Help this soon to be transplant from California!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 08:57 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
The entire area is pretty good. Location to shopping/dining will for sure more to the West, near Stonebriar. Between Frisco going East toward 75 there is some areas where they're still developing. Less shopping, more neighborhoods, but 3 new schools within the last 4 years. Frisco ISD goes all the way to Custer.

If it were me and I was choosing Frisco, I would want to be closer to the Tollway/Stonebriar area.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:29 PM

85 posts, read 217,519 times
The west side (west of Tollway) is higher end; the east side (east of Tollway) is not so higher end. That's a huge generality, I know.

The neighborhoods up and down Teel are very nice. Legacy is very nice (Stonebrook has million dollar homes). Stonebriar is very nice but in the Lewisville ISD. Most of the shopping is near the Toll and along Preston.

There are a ton of new builds going up in northern Frisco. North of Eldorado. There is definitely a difference in demographics between southwest Frisco and northeast Frisco. There are nice pockets throughout, but in general that's the rule of thumb.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:18 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Great deals to be found both just S. of 121 near DNT, also just N. of Eldorado near Custer. The 2nd location is further out, more McKinney (E. of Custer-other side of the road is McKinney), but beautiful homes and for N. Texas big yards.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:47 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,257,217 times
You said it yourself, it's huge! There is no bad part of Frisco. Do you have to commute to Dallas? I would then suggest being close to the Tollway. It could take a while from Custer and Eldorado for example to get to the tollway. However it wouldn't take long to get to 121 from there. I think there are 4 lights. If commute is not an issue, then the possibilities are endless.

Your price range would also narrow it down too. The west side tends to be more expensive. The same floorplan with one builder with the same upgrades could cost over 50K more on the west side. If you like master planned communities, Frisco has many that are wonderful. Not knowing your budget, here are some that have homes priced up to 500K.

In the east side
Villages of Willow Bay
Stonelake
Cobb Farm
Latera - gated
Panther Creek
The Dominion at Panther Creek
Plantation Resort (I think this is the oldest one - build in the 90s)
Hunter's Creek (if you are considering pre-owned, check this one)
Crown Ridge (this one is in Prosper school district)
Cypress Creek

On the west side, you would have to consider the school district too. As you probably already know, school districts overlap the city limits here, so you could be living in the city of Frisco but attend Lewisville or Little Elm schools or you can also live in McKinney and attend Frisco ISD. Otherwise noted, the district is Frisco. There is actually a lot more new construction going up in the west side than the east.

Pearson Farms
Shaddock Creek
Village Lakes
Grayhawk
The Trails
Griffin Park
Starwood - gated
Stonebriar - gated - Lewisville ISD
Waterstone
Stonewater Xssing
King's Garden
Heritage Green
Heritage Lakes - Lewisville ISD
Heritage Village
Saddlebrook
Fairways
Lone Star/Lake Hill
Christie Ranch
Heather Ridge
Lakes on Legacy - Lewisville ISD
The Knolls

I hope this helps.

Naima

Last edited by nsumner; 11-14-2010 at 12:42 AM..

Old 11-15-2010, 10:09 PM

Thanks everyone! We do really like the west side (lone star, waterstone...).

And thank you Naima for splitting the communities by east/west because it's so confusing!

What do you know about waterstone (the landing)?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:59 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,257,217 times
Waterstone is split into 3 neighborhoods, The Landing, The Vistas both by Pulte and The Shores, the gated part which has Drees and Shaddock. Shaddock went under and their unfinished homes got foreclosed on and were empty for the longest time. The bank now has reached an agreement with a small builder to finish them and they are being completed right now.

The neighborhood never took off like other communities in Frisco for a couple of reasons. One being that it is so difficult to commute on FM 423 (you can take Lebanon to get to the Tollway) and second the location being so close to The Colony. There were concerns that the schools would get rezoned to Little Elm when it opened 4 years ago. The entire community will consist of about 400 homes. The HOA dues are about $900 a year.

It is popular for homes for the larger lots, the nice amenity center which includes a pretty large pool, a spray park, a fitness center, and playground, clubhouse with full kitchen for parties. The proximity to the lake makes it very desirable. You can imagine why the waterfront homes were the first to go.

Pulte is a good builder but they also aren't too flexible with changes in the homes. Of course this won't apply if you're buying a spec. The Vistas is in the close out phase.

Naima

Old 11-16-2010, 07:36 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,225,619 times
I've been in the Pulte model home at Waterstone and it is NICE! $100k lot premium though.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
When did Pulte come to symbolize "high end"?

Pulte was always on the same end of the spectrum if not lower than for many years as Fox & Jacobs, aka Centex.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:57 PM

Ok so would you all say we shouldn't buy in Waterstone? Ii really love Lone Star but we really arentt crazy about garages in the back. W like J-swwing or side entry. Plus our budget is no more than 350k. we do want to stay on the West side. So confused! Should we just bite the bullet and get rear entry?

Thx!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: