Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,394,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
...how are we supposed to stay thin when you're dragging us to bars and restaurants all the time...etc.
That's an excellent point.
Note to self: bone up on low cal cooking recipes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,437,631 times
Quote:
Match...been there done that.
I'm guessing with less than great results. There are lots of creeps out there whether it be on Match, in the bars, even churches and synagogues.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM

7,885 posts, read 11,345,346 times
E Harmony! I meet a recently married couple at a "church" party - go figure!

They met on E Harmony, turns out both were eyeing each other in college while she was dating his college room mate, some 35 years ago. They both liked each other back then but couldnt date with the complications of dating his roommate etc. He was living in Houston and she lived in Dallas. Imagine how surprised they were to find each other and that E Harmony matched them together. Sounds like E Harmony is genius so far... well her ex tried E Harmony too after they divorced. E Harmony matched them back up, before she dated and married the new hubby.... so in this instance she said E Harmony definately got that one wrong.. Oh the joys of meeting via a match making system.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 PM

I have happily married friends who met on E Harmony, as well.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,650,825 times
Along with BigDGeek's list, I would add tolerant of my cats & dogs & grandkids. Not a gym freak but in reasonable shape for his age, not OCD, easy-going.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,143,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I'm guessing with less than great results. There are lots of creeps out there whether it be on Match, in the bars, even churches and synagogues.
Match is a joke; for every decent guy on there there's probably 100 creeps or guys just looking for FWB....eHarmony is even worse.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Match is a joke; for every decent guy on there there's probably 100 creeps or guys just looking for FWB....eHarmony is even worse.
OK, well it wasn't a joke for me. Like I said, I was picky. Seriously picky. I had a zillion guys contacting me and I chatted on Match with a few and narrowed it down to 3 to even have a phone conversation with and eventually a date. Maybe it's an age thing. I was just looking to get out there and knew that any kind of "scene" wasn't it. If any guy was a creep or looking for FWB, not worth my time.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:02 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,143,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
OK, well it wasn't a joke for me. Like I said, I was picky. Seriously picky. I had a zillion guys contacting me and I chatted on Match with a few and narrowed it down to 3 to even have a phone conversation with and eventually a date. Maybe it's an age thing. I was just looking to get out there and knew that any kind of "scene" wasn't it. If any guy was a creep or looking for FWB, not worth my time.
You were fortunate; congrats.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,394,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post

They met on E Harmony, turns out both were eyeing each other in college while she was dating his college room mate, some 35 years ago.
Then they didn't meet on Eharmony. They simply reconnected.

It sounds like TXNGL's success rate was 1:1zillion so not very good odds there either.

I still maintain that there are great options in every major city and moving to a completely new place to start from scratch in search of a partner is not a very good reason. If you have a great career opportunity in Dallas, it would make sense to relocate from Reno and go from there. Otherwise, stay in Reno with your existing network of friends and perhaps enlist them to help you find someone. After all, they know you better than any algorithm.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:47 AM

753 posts, read 1,478,355 times
I'm wondering the same thing myself since my husband dropped the D-bomb (divorce) on me last week. There's a meetup group just for people our age in Dallas and I just joined. They have lots of events. I'm hoping to meet some new friends-no dating for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas