Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 12:15 PM

114 posts, read 185,158 times

Advertisements

Ok thanks! I had no idea the area was only 15-20 minutes away from Coppell! Sounds like the Design District is a viable option... my place might be smaller because it looks like the apartments there are a little expensive.. but that would be fine while I look for a job. I'm going to forget all the suburbs for now and maybe find a locator for my apartment search in the Design District.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 12:40 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,168,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineDS07 View Post
Ok thanks! I had no idea the area was only 15-20 minutes away from Coppell! Sounds like the Design District is a viable option... my place might be smaller because it looks like the apartments there are a little expensive.. but that would be fine while I look for a job. I'm going to forget all the suburbs for now and maybe find a locator for my apartment search in the Design District.

It's a reverse commute to Coppell, so except for traffic bottlenecking a bit where 35 hits 183 and where 183 hits 114, it's pretty easy driving out to Coppell (not so easy driving from Coppell into downtown).

Do you know what side of Coppell he'll be working on? IF it's on the west side (closer to Grapevine), add another 10-15 minutes. But it seems like more offices are on the east side, closer to Valley Ranch & Las Colinas.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:40 PM

5,545 posts, read 2,033,363 times
The Design District certainly meets a lot of your criteria, with a reasonable commute time to Coppell and located close to the pulsating Downtown/Uptown/Deep Ellum neighborhoods. One option in the Design District that is close to your budget would be the Alexan, with 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartments starting at $766 per month.

You could even live in Downtown Dallas, which is just to the east of the Design District, and would have practically the same commute time by car to Coppell. You'd have easy access to all DART light rail lines and a host of bus lines, and would be in the heart of it all. There are several options for apartments that meet your budget criteria in Downtown. The first is the Kirby Lofts, with studio apartments starting at $710 per month. Also, there is 1900 Elm, with 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartments starting at $735 per month. You'd also be close to the Whole Foods in Highland Park (http://wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/store-locations/?storeabbr=HPK - broken link). I think living Downtown would fit the bill for you in terms of excitement, convenience, and overall amenities.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:47 PM

72 posts, read 215,709 times
Did you check out AMIL Apartment in La Villita in Las Colinas? I think 800 bucks will get you one bedroom apartment. I lived there. I love it. There is a lake in the subdivison within walk-in distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas