Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 AM

114 posts, read 185,972 times

Advertisements

First let me say everyone on here is super helpful and I really appreciate it! It makes me think Dallas is going to have a lot of nice people

Ok I basically am crossing off living in the city in Dallas because I can't seem to find what I want in the neighborhoods I want it in for our price range and the apartment locators have not been much help (with the exception of the Village which doesn't really appeal to me because I would have to live in one of the older apartments on my budget) I hate to break down and move to the suburbs but I'll live ...

My plan is to move to the suburbs and get a little more for the money until I get a job and learn the city... then I'll move uptown or downtown. The singles scene is not important to us at all since we're married we really just like a fun scene in general.

I found some REALLY nice apartments within my price range in Plano, some at The Shops at Legacy and Eastside Village in downtown Plano, Austin Ranch and even a few in Las Colinas . I can't believe how nice they are for the price! They seem great for a young couple! Exactly what I'm looking for! They both seemed like they offer a similar commute to my husbands job (Los Colinas might be a little closer but its not a big deal). The ones in Eastside Village are right next to the Downtown Plano Dart Station (which means I can take the dart to school while he takes the car instead of the whole dropping off and picking up thing), but Austin Ranch and The Shops at Legacy seem like the have more things to do... On the weekends we'll probably be exploring Uptown or Downtown but during the week we like to go out some place close. My question is which one of these is a better place to live (we're going to be there at least for 6months- 1 year)? Which one has a more diverse (I know none are going to be as diverse as uptown or downtown but a little diversity as far as age or race would be nice) crowd?

Last edited by JasmineDS07; 12-20-2010 at 09:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 10:22 AM

112 posts, read 314,779 times
I haven't lived there personally, but know people who have and Eastside Village would be my choice, only because of the proximity to the DART rail and that they are really revitalizing the "Old Downtown Plano" area there on 15th street. All the restaurants there are great and there is a nice park and small farmers market you can walk to.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:06 PM

114 posts, read 185,972 times
Anyone Know anything about Austin Ranch or Legacy Shops?

Old 12-24-2010, 01:48 PM

8 posts, read 33,635 times
Moderator cut: too new to make recs, read TOS . Maybe you should also consider Las Colinas?

Old 12-26-2010, 09:51 PM

60 posts, read 125,156 times
I don't have any personal knowledge of the areas or complexes but just wanted to mention I find apartment locators to be very unhelpful. I gave two a chance on my recent search and neither came up with anything close to my needs despite being very specific. I found a GREAT solution on my own after being very discouraged with the suggestions the locators made. You may want to search in Dallas more yourself (on online sites) if you haven't yet.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:09 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,238,155 times
Most large real estate agencies have at least one realtor who specializes in rentals and leases (NOT the same an apartment locator service)....choose an agency that has an office in the part of town you're interested in so they will be familiar with the properties there. There is no cost to you....the realtor's commission is paid by the property owner.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:30 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
I would choose Eastside Village because of the proximity to restaurants, the mall, shops and a little grocery store. It is pretty diverse in that part of town. You'll be in East Plano but still nice. If I were single or without kids that's where I would live. Plus having the Dart Rail right there is a big PLUS. You and your hubby can take it downtown and see Dallas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: