U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 05:21 AM

119 posts, read 421,594 times
Default Birthday party for 11 year old girl

Any innovative ideas for birthday party venues or themes in the metroplex - my daughter's 11th birthday is in January - so it can't be outdoors. She will have about 6 - 7 of her close friends attend the party.
Carol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 09:12 AM

1,070 posts, read 903,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caroldixit View Post
Any innovative ideas for birthday party venues or themes in the metroplex - my daughter's 11th birthday is in January - so it can't be outdoors. She will have about 6 - 7 of her close friends attend the party.
Carol

my daughter is only 5 right now, but having driven by the sweetandsassy in Frisco a few times, and based on her reaction seeing the big pink limo parked out front, I have a feeling she would love to have a party there in a few years. I have no idea on the prices/options though. My wife says they pick up the girls at their homes in the limo and take them to the main location for a spa day.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:05 PM

15,926 posts, read 27,790,964 times
Is she too old for Chuckie Cheese? They have locations all over and the kids I saw loved it. They give you a special section for the party, kids get tokens to play the games, and then redeem the tickets they win for small gifts.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:49 PM

575 posts, read 724,662 times
The movie theaters do birthday parties. I don't know what all is involved but I know a friend who did it for her 14 year old daughter. You could also try a Shenaniganz or Celebration Station type of place. It's a step up from Chuckie Cheese.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:34 PM

708 posts, read 836,502 times
How about just taking her and a few girlfriends out for a nice dinner? Not really a "Dallas" thing, but she is probably too young to appreciate some of the other stuff and too old for Chuck E. Cheese, etc. Good luck!

Old 12-21-2010, 08:51 PM

7,891 posts, read 9,930,264 times
If she's a girly-girl....out to lunch (maybe to a Celebrity Bakery or Chocolate Angel kind of place) and for manicures afterwards. I think the Celebrity in Frisco has a nail place next door.

If she's into sports/ more tomboy-ish....ice skating or bowling are always classics.

Or just inviting her friends for a sleepover and letting them stay up all night watching movies and eating junk food and talking about boys

Seriously people?! You want to know why kids fee entitled and all expect to make six-figure salaries when they graduate from college? Because parents are stupid enough to spend money to have LIMOS pick up their 5-YEAR-OLDS for a "DAY OF PAMPERING"!!!! I'm only 30 and there's no way in hell I'm going to raise spoiled, entitled little princesses. There are plenty of fun things for an 11 year old (not a senior in high school going to prom) to celebrate a birthday with close friends.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
If she's a girly-girl....out to lunch (maybe to a Celebrity Bakery or Chocolate Angel kind of place) and for manicures afterwards. I think the Celebrity in Frisco has a nail place next door.

If she's into sports/ more tomboy-ish....ice skating or bowling are always classics.

Or just inviting her friends for a sleepover and letting them stay up all night watching movies and eating junk food and talking about boys

Seriously people?! You want to know why kids fee entitled and all expect to make six-figure salaries when they graduate from college? Because parents are stupid enough to spend money to have LIMOS pick up their 5-YEAR-OLDS for a "DAY OF PAMPERING"!!!! I'm only 30 and there's no way in hell I'm going to raise spoiled, entitled little princesses. There are plenty of fun things for an 11 year old (not a senior in high school going to prom) to celebrate a birthday with close friends.
Untwist your panties for sec and take a deep breath - It's probably pretty painful for ya'

Read carefully. Who said anything about sending a limo to pick up a five year old?

Old 12-22-2010, 06:26 AM

2,760 posts, read 5,220,531 times
Maybe a karaoke cab ride around town.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 AM

Not really girl specific venues, but my kids have had a lot of fun at Amazing Jakes and Main Event

Book an Amazing Birthday Party Online | Amazing Jake's Plano
http://www.maineventusa.com/Portals/...ys_PL_9_10.pdf

Also, I don't know if it would be considered lame these days, how about a retro roller rink party? Don't really know of any roller skating rinks, but they must still exist. Or since it's the season maybe an ice skating party?

Hopefully I won't get flamed for encouraging an entitlement mentality in your daughter - just trying to be helpful ... ahem, ahem ... <hint, hint TC80>

Old 12-22-2010, 08:31 AM

2,760 posts, read 5,220,531 times
White Rock Skate Rink is an old school rink....like it has never been updated!! But it's always popular.
Right in front of it is Studio Arts if you want an art party.
And across the street is The Lab if you'd like something science related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas