Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 10:19 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
No... dude... there will be more negative than positive going around about this year's Super Bowl week.

That's fine. I expect that.

But when you start trashing the area, throwin' out more insults than insight, and creating an i.d. just for what I mentioned/getting kicked off for what you're doing/then creating another i.d. and doing the exact same thing you got kicked off for, then you become a troll.
I agree with that (last part of your post), but I thought you were calling usc another troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 10:20 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,943,902 times
Quote:
No... dude... there will be more negative than positive going around about this year's Super Bowl week.

That's fine. I expect that.

But when you start trashing the area, throwin' out more insults than insight, and creating an i.d. just for what I mentioned/getting kicked off for what you're doing/then creating another i.d. and doing the exact same thing you got kicked off for, then you become a troll.
I totally agree. The trolling has got out of hand.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:25 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
I agree with that (last part of your post), but I thought you were calling usc another troll.
Who?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Who?
Look at the bottom of page 15. My mistake.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:15 PM
JJG

Look, it's been much less than spectacular, but I seriously doubt this will be the LAST time we get the Super Bowl.

The real reason why Atlanta's not getting the Super Bowl anytime soon is because new stadiums are poping up and other cities are getting a shot at it. Atlanta has no new, up to date stadium. In fact, San Diego and Miami (the cities that some here seem to think should be the only two host cities ) have issues of their own. The Q is old and even Miami has to renovate their stadium before they have the same kind of shot they've had over the years...

If it was really about the weather, you honestly think NY would have it? It's about the latest, biggest stadiums and money (most of all). DFW has it. NY has it. Indy has it. Glendale has it. And L.A. will eventually get it sooner than later..... I think we'll be fine.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:07 AM

The NFL didn't tell Tampa anything, or Houston. Warmer winter cities are going to be bidding their asses off for the 50th SB. But, it's naive to think weather didn't play a part in Atlanta not getting a SB again.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:29 AM

954 posts, read 1,549,600 times
Quote:
The NFL didn't tell Tampa anything, or Houston. Warmer winter cities are going to be bidding their asses off for the 50th SB. But, it's naive to think weather didn't play a part in Atlanta not getting a SB again.
Of course it played a role, a major role. And everybody knows ATL is a great convention town, but not in the dead of winter because like North Texas they have those nasty ice storms.
So lets face, ATL and North Tex have about the same latitude and look what the weather has been there in this years SB and the one in ATL in2000: ICE ! That's 100 % ICE in the last 2 SBs at that latitude.
On the other hand places like Houston and NOLA are farther south and not nearly as affected by such weather. From what I read in the papers Houston had some ice Friday morning, bout 6- 8 hours, but not all week like the DFW area. Hey if the played the SB in November or April, DFW would be a great place to have it because the Falls and Springs are pretty moderate there weather wise.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:57 AM

43 posts, read 55,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Chap View Post
Please stop the trolling. You are destroying this web site. That being said. The Dallas morning news says "Bad weather 'devastating' to Super Bowl's economic impact to Dallas-Fort Worth".

After the bad national press, I don't think people in DFW will even want to bid for another SB again. It just isn't worth it. Most businesses are only making a fraction of the money they were anticipating. Some businesses are losing money on this deal.

The NT Host Committee is already preparing a bid for SB L which will be decided in spring 2012.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:07 AM
JJG

Quote:
This is the same league that said it wants to protect players... AND add two more regular season games.

I mean, the whole "warm weather" city thing is a joke if two of the next three Super Bowls are going to be in places that are statisticly colder than this.

I'll stick by that. Maybe I'm just more optimistic, but what I say if a city, ANY city puts in a great bid and has the stadium for it, they should host. Damn any random situation.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:18 AM

954 posts, read 1,549,600 times
Like any local, DFW should go with it's strength: start campaigning for the NFL Draft. Sooner or later they are going to start having the draft outside of Manhatten, there's been a lot of pressure to do this in recent years and perhaps the ideal location would be the DFW area (after Vegas of course).
And the Draft is in late April - right in North Texas's wheelhouse when it comes to its climate. And starting this year the Draft is gonna be spread over 3 days - tremendous economic opportunity there for the host city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas