Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times

Advertisements

I don't blame Mayor Leppert for stepping down. The last thing I would want to do is have to deal with the Dallas City Council. Dwaine Caraway seems like a person of very poor judgement to me. He should get along fine with John Wiley Price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 03:57 PM

198 posts, read 499,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Dwaine Caraway has done no wrong. He gave the key to the city to someone (Micheal Vick) that has completely turned his life and image around. If that all you got on the guy I think he will do very well as temporary mayor of Dallas.
LMFAO! You have to be kidding me.

Micheal Vick is a sociopath. If he hadn't gotten caught, then he'd still be torturing dogs and forcing them to fight. He's still the same person he was pre-prison and he's still hanging out with the same people.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:20 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,535,895 times
Maybe Vick has turned his life around, maybe he's paid his dues to society.

Who cares?

Vick is the franchise quarterback of this city's second biggest rival in sports who most people in this town wouldn't like even if the dog fighting controversy had never come up. And he did it over Superbowl weekend.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:45 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPlanoDude View Post

Micheal Vick is a sociopath. If he hadn't gotten caught, then he'd still be torturing dogs and forcing them to fight. He's still the same person he was pre-prison and he's still hanging out with the same people.
Who cares about that?

That's in the past! He's trying to change his life around. He doesn't need people like you judging him all the time.

If you was in the same position you would want someone to forgive you too.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:50 PM

198 posts, read 499,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Who cares about that?

That's in the past! He's trying to change his life around. He doesn't need people like you judging him all the time.

If you was in the same position you would want someone to forgive you too.
How do you know if he's trying to change his life? Maybe he's just giving an appearance to the media to make it seem like that.

Irrelevant, since one would have to be pretty screwed up in the head to do what he did in the first place. I'm proud to be sane.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:09 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,615,724 times
I'm really glad that MV turned his life around, and is no longer murdering and torturing dogs. He's a great quarterback, and an all around good guy now.

Doesn't mean he deserves the "key to the city".

Forgive, but never Forget.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:35 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Dwaine Caraway has done no wrong. He gave the key to the city to someone (Micheal Vick) that has completely turned his life and image around. If that all you got on the guy I think he will do very well as temporary mayor of Dallas.

^ One of his constituents, most likely.

Caraway is SCUM. I swear, Dallas really knows how to elect them. From a county commissioner to the corrupt city council, that city (for all of the nice things about it) has some serious, serious issues.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:09 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,269,751 times
Point is that not a lot of people would allow themselves to get into that position. It's not like he has unpaid parking tickets. Dog fighting is a felony. And it's sick. Most Americans hold jobs that would fire you on the spot for a felony, and they don't pay you in a lifetime what MV makes in one season. That's why he is being judged.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:12 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPlanoDude View Post

You could say that about a lot of people. Seems to me like you believe in only one chance in life and no one can change. Your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Point is that not a lot of people would allow themselves to get into that position. It's not like he has unpaid parking tickets. Dog fighting is a felony. And it's sick. Most Americans hold jobs that would fire you on the spot for a felony, and they don't pay you in a lifetime what MV makes in one season. That's why he is being judged.
Well, a lot of us aren't physically gifted like Michael Vick is on the football field, so we don't get to play in a business like that, which will bring you back, even if you murdered an actual human being (NFL has done this).

Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,573 times
Quote:
Okay, so Michael Vick used to do absolutely despicable things and then when he got caught and went to jail, he stopped, and therefore he deserves a key to the city while those of us who are decent human beings by nature don't? Maybe I should start a sex slave business, get busted, do a little time, get out and hypocritically talk about how bad it is. I mean if they gave him millions of dollars and the key to Dallas, I'm bound to get my own country on a tropical Pacific island!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas