Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 07:04 PM

3 posts, read 6,403 times

Advertisements

Hey all,
Made the decision to move to Addison from Chicago to be closer to family. So many choices....so little time!

Any recommendations for which complex might fit a 48yo single female, very active, very social, pet owner? I'm not conservative, but not quite artsy either. Love good architecture, but not crazy about ultra-modern.

A small grass area or patio would be awesome for the pup, but any close area to run and play (yeah, ok, me OR the dog) would work.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 07:11 PM

419 posts, read 998,185 times
Why Addison?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:57 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times
The Addison Circle area has a park next to it and there are various fun annual events held there.

Last edited by FarNorthDallas; 02-25-2011 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-24-2011, 09:25 PM

7 posts, read 17,462 times
Addison Circle has a good mix of different people.

I live there right now, and for the most part I love it. Its a great area for dogs, with lots of park space including a small fenced in dog park where your animals can run around and play free of leashes. And just up Keller Springs is a huge dog park where lots of people go on nice days.

It's got a nice little pub, pizza place, Boutique store, coffee shop, neighborhood market and a few other things.

Most of the people in the area are in there late twenties to mid-thirties from my experience. And a lot of them are single. Not everyone in the area is approachable and friendly but most are.

The architecture here isn't anything to get excited about. But the landscaping is beautiful. A place that has just started to be built up is Vitruvian Park. Its got a little way till completion but it's looking very promising.

Last edited by FarNorthDallas; 02-25-2011 at 06:27 AM..

Old 02-25-2011, 07:38 AM

Thanks for your replies. HOAPres, my family said I would like Addison based on my lifestyle. I'm open to other apartment options, of course. Mostly, I want to settle in an active area, somewhere that DOES have quite a few people over 35, but not over 55 (don't mean to offend anyone-I'm just not there yet), NOT mostly families--I love children, but that doesn't do much for MY social life. I'm constantly on the go, always looking for something fun to do and the potential for a romantic relationship wouldn't hurt either.

Any more suggestions, Addison or otherwise?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:21 AM

180 posts, read 479,618 times
I currently live in Addison Circle. It is very pet friendly, lots of little parks scattered around with pet waste baggies. The area is very clean, safe (I run early AM and after dark and I always feel safe) achitecture is "meh"....it is a master planned multi-dwelling community after all. Not a lot of families with kids so no worries there for you. What I really like about Addison Cirlce is that they always have a ton of events going on in the parks from May to September. Taste of Addison, Kaboom Town, Oktoberfest, Worldfest are some of the bigger ones and they also have Jazz/ Symphony/Salsa concerts, Yoga, Movies, plays going on almost every weekend during the spring/summer.

Oh, and you might want to check out Shops of Legacy, maybe?

Old 02-25-2011, 10:28 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Will you have a job to commute to? If so, what are the major cross street?

Old 02-25-2011, 07:45 PM

Thank you everyone who has written. I've gotten some good info, especially from MWMTyhon and flpyrner. I really like the idea of all of the events.

Squrl, my job is a traveling one, so I don't need to consider how close I am to work. I'm really focusing on what happens outside my work life for where I live.

One thing I still haven't learned is which specific apartment buildings might be better for me in Addison. There are so many choices that I don't know where to begin, but I do feel very drawn to the Addison area. Any specific communities to suggest from anyone?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:13 PM

180 posts, read 479,618 times
Well Addison Circle has 3 main apartments: Post Addison Circle, 15777 Quorom and The Allegra, then there are the condos and townhomes which are all nice. That is just Addison Circle, which is a master planned community of apts/townhomes/condos in the heart of the Town of Addison. There are other apts in and around Addison that are nice as well. Just depends what you want out of an apartment, amenities, price, ect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas