Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 PM

20,500 posts, read 33,311,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
Wish granted! I am white and I am ashamed of and disgusted by you. You, Dubeaux, and other people like you, are nothing more than a cancer and a weakness to civilization. The lot of you are a detriment to progress.

No bother though, for your time has come to an end. The real world will continue to diversify and seek to live in harmony with one another. Meanwhile, you and your kind, will fall further into irrelevancy and the world's solicitude of weak, intolerant, lesser evolved humans such as yourself WILL decrease.

That's all.
I wish I can spread more rep to you.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:08 PM

509 posts, read 1,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeaux View Post
Well, moorhen, I already told you in an earlier post what I would like to see happen. But the most important reforms would be eliminating illegal immigration, reducing legal immigration, and restoring to whites (the only ones who don't have it) freedom of association. (Which means whites can live in their own neighborhoods & send their kids to white schools & hire whom they pleased in their own private businesses.) If we had that, I could live with affirmative action. AA is a kind of never-ending reparations program for blacks, but whites could afford it if we had immigration under control & FOA restored. BTW, did you know that all non-white immigrants (including anchor babies of illegals) are eligible for affirmative action?
Yes, I did read that. There is definitely a push to eliminate illegal immigration, I can see that in Washington. But how do you think your other wishes would come about? Can they, or will they come about? What are you willing to do to get them to come about? Or in your mind is it a lost cause and the only thing left for you to do is make your beliefs known and hope that you can convince other people to think the same?

Old 03-02-2011, 08:12 PM

79 posts, read 199,004 times
Moorhen, I have to amend my previous post. None of the reforms I mentioned are possible soon. The main thing now is for white people to start holding their heads up and "push back" (metaphorically speaking) against p.c. Too many whites still see themselves as individuals only and not members of a larger group that has it's own interests - interests which conflict with those of non-white immigrants, Hispanics & blacks, who DO see themselves as groups.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 PM

874 posts, read 1,641,376 times
Diversity is America. Deal with it. I'm white and a minority in a city... I enjoy diversity. We get along a lot better with diversity because then people wont be secluded. People ignore differences and join together when there is diversity.

Last edited by schmidty223; 03-02-2011 at 08:40 PM..

Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Moorhen, I have to amend my previous post. None of the reforms I mentioned are possible soon. The main thing now is for white people to start holding their heads up and "push back" (metaphorically speaking) against p.c. Too many whites still see themselves as individuals only and not members of a larger group that has it's own interests - interests which conflict with those of non-white immigrants, Hispanics & blacks, who DO see themselves as groups.
You say they are not possible soon. So you feel that even if it is not now it could be in the future. What could happen that would make it possible even in the future?
And yes, I do see that most white Americans do not exactly see themselves as a group but then again isn't America proud of its individuality? How can you convince someone to become part of the white race (a group) when the majority of Americans delight in their freedom to be individuals?

Old 03-02-2011, 08:21 PM

I forgot to say that I used to be a member of a local face to face discussion group, where I advocated (much more circumspectly) for the same ideas as here. But I had an argument with the group moderator when an immigrant pitched a fit at my remarks. So I'm not member for the time being.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 PM

20,500 posts, read 33,311,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SC View Post
As someone who's known and befriended several people from Highland Park, I can state confidently that highlandparkguy's sentiments are a minority opinion.

It just sucks being lumped in with "most blacks" when I've done everything to suceed. OP, not all blacks fall under the broad brush you paint.
That doesn't matter. Are you reading his other posts like this gem?
Quote:
The presence of American born blacks, descended from slaves, is a burden whites must bear. I accept that. Whites are paying today in many ways, financially and physically and beyond, for having brought blacks to America. Most whites also accept this. But most whites insist, even in the age of political correctness, diversity and multi-culturalism, to bear the burden of blacks in America in our own way. That is why, regardless of whether the blacks moving into white neighborhoods are Section 8 HUD welfare recipients, or middle class M.B.A.'s, J.D.'s, Ph.D.'s or M.D.'s, whites will start moving away. We just don't want to be around you, or near you or have anything to do with you beyond absolute necessity. The sooner blacks learn this, and learn to accept it, the better it will be for all of us.
Why are you even trying to apologize for Blacks that fall under his idiotic microscope? I don't expect any Whites to apologize for what happened at Colombine. I don't expect Hispanics to apologize for the problems that occur at the border. I don't expect Asians to apologize what happened at Virginia Tech. He is painting a broad brush because he is racist plain and simple.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorhen3 View Post
You say they are not possible soon. So you feel that even if it is not now it could be in the future. What could happen that would make it possible even in the future?
And yes, I do see that most white Americans do not exactly see themselves as a group but then again isn't America proud of its individuality? How can you convince someone to become part of the white race (a group) when the majority of Americans delight in their freedom to be individuals?
You make some excellent points & ask hard questions. American individuality developed in an overwhelmingly white society where race was taken for granted. Since that's no longer the case, white racial consciousness is growing, though slowly. I expect it will continue to grow until we reach a "critical mass" or "tipping point," to borrow a phrase of the mixed race writer, Malcom Gladwell. And when it is reached, the reforms become possible. White race consciousness is the true sleeping giant of American politics and is greatly feared by those who wish to keep whites atomized and unconscious.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
You make some excellent points & ask hard questions. American individuality developed in an overwhelmingly white society where race was taken for granted. Since that's no longer the case, white racial consciousness is growing, though slowly. I expect it will continue to grow until we reach a "critical mass" or "tipping point," to borrow a phrase of the mixed race writer, Malcom Gladwell. And when it is reached, the reforms become possible. White race consciousness is the true sleeping giant of American politics and is greatly feared by those who wish to keep whites atomized and unconscious.
What is happening in the U.S. that you see white racial consciousness increasing?
I've actually seen some of it on the upswing since about 2007 or so when the economy started declining, have you seen it for longer than that?
I do wonder if there will be a tipping point since American society is becoming more liberal (not saying it's a bad thing, just using the word that is most used) rather than conservative. Knowing this trend, do you feel that your cause is lost? Do you feel helpless in your goal or is there hope? And if there is hope, where do you see it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas