Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 05:24 PM

251 posts, read 1,532,091 times

Advertisements

Taking my son to his and my first mavs game tonight vs. the knicks.Can use some tips on what to expect as far as traffic. Thinking of taking Dart from plano.Anyone take dart from pLANO? iF SO is it a good idea? Should i take the car instead? How long is the walk from the train station to the airlines center? My son is 4 so he can only walk for so long till its time to carry him.
I look at it this way, If i take train I save $15 on parking and $10 on gas
compared to 2 dart tickets for $8.
Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 05:28 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
You'll have to switch lines downtown & then walk about a block. It will probably take about an hour. You can drive it in 25 minutes. Parking is $10-20 depending on which lot- realize you won't be parking next to the arena because that's for season ticket holders.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:28 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
If you take DART to the AAC it is pretty close. REAL close for the walk. Much closer than many parking lots. Only the Blue lots, and in certain parts, are closer. And the garage.

For the hockey games lately from 190 at 75 we have kind of been taking what might seem like the "long way" to get to the AAC but w/ Woodall Rogers all messed up this has been the EASIEST way to get there and no traffic.

We take 75 South to 6-35 LBJ West and then to the Dallas North Tollway South. Exit where it ends and then turn left at the first left and then left again at the next light and then another left at the next and this will take you right to the north side of the AAC. You will turn right at the light and then veer left and the blue lots are on your right and that is where the DART and TRE stations are for the AAC as well.

Give me a sec and I'll look up the street names to turn onto.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:29 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,636,065 times
If its not too late, take the train. Walking from the train station to the AA center is probably closer than where you would park.

Have fun!

Old 03-10-2011, 05:31 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Take the Harry Hines at the end of the tollroad and then you will turn left onto Wolf and then left again onto McKinnon and then back to the left at the light under the tollroad and that will take you around to Victory Drive. Victory Drive runs down the west side of the arena. Blue lots to the north and the west.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 PM

80 posts, read 195,104 times
I'm super late, but maybe this can help someone else. We took the DART to a Mavs' game last week. If you park at the North Carrollton (green) station, it goes direct to the AAC. If you take it from Plano (red/Parker), you stop at the West End, then take the N. Carrollton (green) to the AAC (Victory).

I had someone with me who'd never been to Dallas before so we took the scenic route along Preston and made a few stops on the way. We parked at Mockingbird Station and took DART to the West End then changed trains to go to Victory, which was SO VERY convenient. After the game, it was a breeze to get back to West End, then hop the Parker (red) train to Mockingbird. No traffic, no worries.

A very, very short walk to the AAC and no fighting traffic to get home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas