Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 09:24 AM

22 posts, read 31,017 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a single, African American professional (work for the fed govt.) female looking for a change of venue. I currently live in Virginia Beach (went to college in the Hampton Roads area) But I am looking for a change, I've heard that Dallas is a great place. But I would love to get some feedback from residents about what it is really like there.

I am looking to move in March 2012 and will be renting the first couple of months, not looking to pay more than 700-800 a month for apt. What are some great neighborhoods?

Quick Background

Orginally from NYC, but lived in Va for last 10 years, bored here, no real nightlife,major sports teams,(How is Dallas)?

How is the job market for fed employ, state gov work, or non-profit?

What is the social scene really like, any good indications for single women looking to settle down in the next few years?

How is the cultural set-up as far as neighborhoods, salons, civic/cultural events, (i.e. Sorority,Urban League,political commitees)?

Any helpful and positive feedback would be great

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: