Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 06:22 PM

574 posts, read 1,471,211 times

Advertisements

My husband is from Guyana, so I need to find a West Indian restaurant (any Trini restaurants in the area?)

How about Puerto Rican food?

Also looking for suggestions on terrific pho, bi bim bap, dim sum, and sushi! I have read I need to head out to Richardson for great Asian restaurants. Can't wait to explore as this is my weakness.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 10:36 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,146,985 times
Caribbean Cafe. Not exactly Trinidadian but about as close as you're probably going to get in North Texas:

Caribbean Cafe - Farmers Branch - Carrollton | Urbanspoon

Caribbean Cafe

Old 05-21-2011, 11:38 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,517,839 times
Quote:
bi bim bap
Not authentic, but BBBop on Greenville is tasty

Old 05-22-2011, 01:21 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,588,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
Caribbean Cafe. Not exactly Trinidadian but about as close as you're probably going to get in North Texas:
Cafe[/url]
For Cuban food, they are great. But for Trini food, try Taste of the Islands in Plano.

Excellent Korean food is very easy to find on Royal and 35 in Dallas. That's our Koreatown.

For Pho, try Walnut Street in Garland. Tons upon tons of Pho joints. I like Pho Mac.

If you like Indian food, Irving is the place to be. Our Place is AMAZING!

As a good rule of thumb, Richardson, Plano, Carrollton, Garland, and Irving all have better Asian (including Indian) food than Dallas itself.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:50 AM

Thanks y'all...bookmarking this thread!

@justme02...how long have you lived in Sao Paulo? Hubby grew up there, and I got to visit in '91.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:47 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,588,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2emily View Post
Thanks y'all...bookmarking this thread!

@justme02...how long have you lived in Sao Paulo? Hubby grew up there, and I got to visit in '91.
Ive been staying in the Jardins. Im actually flying back to Dallas for good next week. Its been a fun 6 weeks, but Im needed at home.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:25 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,268,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
As a good rule of thumb, Richardson, Plano, Carrollton, Garland, and Irving all have better Asian (including Indian) food than Dallas itself.
Yes....quite true o.O...
Excluding the Koreantown, which is sort of in that area anyways... it's in Dallas proper, but anyone who works there lives in Irving or Carrollton anyway.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:33 AM

695 posts, read 1,441,620 times
Carrollton does have tons of Vietnamese places. Yum.

I used to go to a Jamaican bakery in Chicago that made these wonderful meat patties--kinda like a combination of a pie and a tart. Have yet to see them anywhere but the Jamaican bakery.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:26 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,440,145 times
I've been going to Nam Hua at the corner of Jupiter and Beltline for Vietnamese.
For me, they have a dedicated vegetarian menu and do a great banh xeo with tofu. The also have a great veg (no beef broth!) pho. They have lots of meat options, but just want to point out the great veg options!

If you are looking for a menu with a little bit of everything - try Bistro B at the corner of Walnut St (not Walnut Hill) and Audelia.

I've had a good bi bam bap at Korea House. I usually get a bi bam bap at King Spa when I go...maybe not the best, but kills two birds with one stone.

Sushi - try Sushi Sake in Richardson. Teppo on lower Greenville. Or Tei Tei on Henderson. If you'd like a soba experience - go to Tei An in One Arts Plaza.

Kirin Court has dim sum.

There are so many areas with ethnic great food. You just have to get in your car and drive a little, but it's worth it!!

Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
There are so many areas with ethnic great food. You just have to get in your car and drive a little, but it's worth it!!
I will drive just about anywhere for good bi bim bap and dim sum. . My husband and I have always been drawn to hole-in-the-walls eateries with excellent homey food.

Thank you for the suggestions! Especially the veg pho restaurant...my daughter is a newly vegetarian and she LOVES pho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas