Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 12:33 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,464,433 times

Advertisements

I work in the construction industry and I would say about half are illegal in Dallas. Lots of them have fake ID's that work even when cops check them out. So wether you want to or not your supporting illegal immigrants even if you only hire "american" workers.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:41 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
I work in the construction industry and I would say about half are illegal in Dallas. Lots of them have fake ID's that work even when cops check them out. So wether you want to or not your supporting illegal immigrants even if you only hire "american" workers.
What are the odds when your handyman or laborers are black or caucasian and have no accent?

Old 06-06-2011, 12:43 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,464,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
What are the odds when your handyman or laborers are black or caucasian and have no accent?
a lot better. But Im talking about the construction industry as a whole. I am willing to bet that every roof that you walk under has had at least one illegal working on that crew if not more. Same can be said for concrete, drywall, and every other trade. I know for a fact its true in the roofing industry.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:45 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
a lot better. But Im talking about the construction industry as a whole. I am willing to bet that every roof that you walk under has had at least one illegal working on that crew if not more. Same can be said for concrete, drywall, and every other trade. I know for a fact its true in the roofing industry.
Probably. All I can tell you is I do not contribute to the problem by employing illegals to work on my house.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:21 PM

19,783 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone9900tx View Post
Let me cut and paste what you googled...

"According to the latest United Nations Statistics data (United Nations Statistics Division - National Accounts) the United States is the largest manufacturing nation, with an output of approximately $1.83 Trillion. This is followed by China at $1.79T, with these two nations far outstripping any other nations (Japan $1.05T, Germany $767B and Italy $381B). The rate of growth in manufacturing in China far outstrips that of the US, with its manufacturing industry growing more than an order of magnitude in the last two decades, during which the US has not even doubled its output."

Those stats are a couple of years old so if china hasnt outpaced us by now they probably will when Ford and GM move over there...
1. Don't humor yourself. I didn't need to google anything.

2. FYI - The UNIDO just a few weeks ago listed the top manufacturing countries like this:

1. US
2. China
3. Japan
4. Germany

At some point they will pass us in gross manufacturing $. The problem for them is they make, along with some really cool stuff to be sure, towels, cheap furniture, bad wrist watches, awful beer, cheap tools, cheap chemicals that are often not what they are supposed to be, fake drugs, plastic toys etc. We make and ship them extremely high end machine tools, aircraft parts, all sorts of high end electronics that they can't make not iPads but switch gear, spectrum analyzers, specialty oil tooling etc. We buy low end cheap labor crap - they buy values added stuff from us.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
I bet that percentage is about right.

One must do the best he can.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:25 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
1. Don't humor yourself. I didn't need to google anything.

2. FYI - The UNIDO just a few weeks ago listed the top manufacturing countries like this:

1. US
2. China
3. Japan
4. Germany

At some point they will pass us in gross manufacturing $. The problem for them is they make, along with some really cool stuff to be sure, towels, cheap furniture, bad wrist watches, awful beer, cheap tools, cheap chemicals that are often not what they are supposed to be, fake drugs, plastic toys etc. We make and ship them extremely high end machine tools, aircraft parts, all sorts of high end electronics that they can't make not iPads but switch gear, spectrum analyzers, specialty oil tooling etc. We buy low end cheap labor crap - they buy values added stuff from us.

China will never be a threat like everyone thinks if for no other reason than the Entrepreneurial spirit will always prevail over Centrally Planned.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
China will never be a threat like everyone thinks if for no other reason than the Entrepreneurial spirit will always prevail over Centrally Planned.
Agreed. They are kicking our butts in the global energy resources gathering race. However, we have much more BTU value of oil, gas and coal than they do. It's not even close. Other than that and organized state sponsored cyber-crime we lead them in every important category.

Many people either lose their perspective or the don't have any perspective to begin with regarding the Chi-com economy. Per capita our economy is nearly SEVEN TIMES larger than China's. We still manufacture more stuff and way better stuff than China. Heck the UN still classifies China as a developing country.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:13 PM

621 posts, read 1,333,211 times
As long as everyone tries not to use Illegals then they won't be coming over our borders in droves. If they have no work here they will not come

If you hire them you are throwing fuel on the fire and you are nothing but a criminal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas