Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:19 PM

18 posts, read 39,224 times

Advertisements

If you are going to buy in CH, in that price range, you are going to be at at the North side, with the new school, Independence, they say that it will be an exemplary.. but now.... I'm a Realtor and I been at the school with potential buyers and they always decided for Coppell instead. Coppell is not going to decline, at least the schools stands out from other districts. People always looks for a good school district and as far as I know there are no major problems in Coppell ISD. You have to be in instant notifications to be sure that you can have a good home in that price range, what happens is majority of people look within that price so the competition is huge. You wanna be ahead of them and good homes get offers the first week in the market, maybe not as new as in CH, but for sure a better investment. Let me know if I can help you, in any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 11:28 PM

67 posts, read 163,478 times
They are both fantastic areas. Coppell has a really tight knit community. I've noticed that everyone gets involved, and I always loved that. I wish Coppell were closer to where I need to be. My mother in law works there and always invites us to events for kids. They have a lot to offer, it seems very family-oriented. I also love the charm of the older homes when compared to Castle Hills. I've looked at Castle Hills and the homes are pretty, but tend to look alike when you're driving down streets.

I remember hearing stories on the news about the foundation issues years ago, but like another poster said... it's not if, it's when. This is true anywhere in Texas, it's the soil we have. Newer homes do offer some options for easier foundation repair. My home (in Denton) came with a cable system. I couldn't really tell you how it works, because so far, we haven't had to have anyone adjust it. I think they can access the cables to adjust the tension, but I'm not sure. Older homes may have pillars in place with lifetime warranties, though.

It really depends on where you need to go and what kind of community atmosphere you want. Castle Hills seems to have a lot to offer. I thought they were Carrollton schools, which I could tell you all about, since I'm a Carrollton graduate. Lewisville didn't have the greatest reputation for academics, but their football team was good. They probably go to Hebron, which seems to be well-liked, but I don't know about their ratings.

Coppell is established, but seems friendly. Castle Hills is new, so it's hard to tell what kind of community vibe there will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas