Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2007, 01:17 PM

23 posts, read 73,795 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving to La Villita and wanted to know how much negotiation each builder actually did.

I heard Darling Homes wont negotiate at all but wanted to know if anyone actually got any discounts and what the actual figure was.

I also heard K. Hovanan negotiates more than darling but also wanted to know how much they would negotiate if anyone was able to, an actual dollar amount would be helpful.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 01:44 PM

93 posts, read 465,890 times
See my post about property taxes, Dallas URD (Urban Renewal District?). I have no idea if the customer is reponsible for these, but go look at the property taxes for some of the streest in La Villita on the Dallascad.org website.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intence View Post
See my post about property taxes, Dallas URD (Urban Renewal District?). I have no idea if the customer is reponsible for these, but go look at the property taxes for some of the streest in La Villita on the Dallascad.org website.
Yeah i saw the other thread, good info, i didnt realize it before. Means that negotiating means that much more!!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 03:29 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
you negotiate a price but that does not affect what your tax appraisal is set at--pay more than your neighbor or less--sq ft is what tax appraisal is set at...

Old 08-07-2007, 03:42 PM

93 posts, read 465,890 times
Supposedly Darling has said that the tax rate is 2.92% or so, but i'd give the city a call, as I can't imagine the builder readily telling you that you have to pay nearly double the property taxes.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intence View Post
Supposedly Darling has said that the tax rate is 2.92% or so, but i'd give the city a call, as I can't imagine the builder readily telling you that you have to pay nearly double the property taxes.
I spoke with a KHOV rep and she said that the DCAD is misleading because when you close, you file some paperwork which makes you exempt from 95% of the special district tax. She said that is the biggest question they get and that you have to keep filing each year or you end up paying the whole thing if you forget.

I am gonna call the city tomorrow just to make sure.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
you negotiate a price but that does not affect what your tax appraisal is set at--pay more than your neighbor or less--sq ft is what tax appraisal is set at...
Yes i know, but I would be willing to pay the tax if I could negotiate a lower price for the home so my mortgage would be lower to compensate for this ridiculous tax.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:25 PM

Anyone have any feedback about the original question? Was anyone able to negotiate with KHOV or Darling, and if you dont mind, what were you able to get discounted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas