Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 PM

14 posts, read 34,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenBook777 View Post
Excuse you? You're an idiot.
No, not an idiot. Married to a pilot, so I actually know how it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 05:35 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
This kind of "guy talk" goes on all the time in the workplace, even in the most "professional" white collar jobs. Its just something grown men do. They shoot the **** together.

The only difference is he had a mic next to him which happened to be on at the time.

Sucks for him.

Even our own vice president swore in front of the American people & got away with it!

This Southwest slip up is small potatoes IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
I am sorry but I laughed... as politicaly incorrect as it may be, I laughed.
I have flown alot in the last few years and most flight attendants scare the bejebus out of me!
Plus they are cranky and can be downright nasty!

More power to ya young stud...demand to work with some eye candy!
This is normal guy talk anywhere I've been, sorry ladies. I like his use of alliteration, especially the implementation of Grande to give it a poetic ring. You can tell he's college educated. He did kind of hit hard on gays though, which would make me uncomfortable, but nothing so extreme that I haven't heard 1000 times already living in the south. This is basically nothing, send him to a class on sensitivity training and call it a day.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:23 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,225,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boys47 View Post
No, you know what he tells you.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:28 PM

65 posts, read 122,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boys47 View Post
Ummmm...whatever. Surely our very close family friend wants to lie to us about pilot salaries, because ????? Right.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:39 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,758,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'm willing to cut the guy some slack. Young, single guys, with lots of income are telling some version of this "butt" story right now as we speak. His was in the form of a complaint about not being able to get any "butt" because of the demographics of his coworkers on layover. Yes the "gay" remarks made me wince, and clearly crossed the line...but it was intended as a private conversation. I have very close buddies that are airline pilots. Two were groomsmen in my wedding. Flight attendants, when these guys were young and single, were eager to please. I used to joke that all I had to do was stand next to these guys at a bar to get fixed up. That's just the way it is. These girls are making $30K per year, on layovers with young, hansom, well spoken, single guys making $160K per year. Now put these young singles on a two day layover in Milan or London and you see where this guy is getting his ego from. I speak from experience, I joined CD when I was living in a "crash pad" for fight attendants and pilots in Kew Gardens New York. ....hence the name "padcrasher".

P.S the bad pilot behavior will end when young twenty something girls stop being driven by materialism.....which has a snow ball's chance in you know what.
We could possibly have mutual friends....one of my closest friends and a bridesmaid in my wedding lives in Kew Gardens with other flight attendants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas