Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 04:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

yes--where in Dallas do you live?

will king snakes kill copperheads like they do rattlesnakes--
call the local zoo and find out
maybe you can get them to come harvest some snakes
maybe you can find someone who deals in snake venom who might want them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 09:01 PM

14 posts, read 34,488 times
Thanks to everyone for your replies. Of course, I would not just jump up and sue them. But answering one person's question, they had small children and dogs. I'm not sure if they did their own yardwork or not, but there were children's toys in the backyard when my husband looked at the house. We live in Cedar Hill, by the way. They did live here for well over a year, and I cannot see any possible way they could not have known about this problem. I wouldn't do anything unless I thought we actually had a case against them. But it has become such a disturbance to our family, I am ready to take action if we can.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,890 times
Default Please Contact me on snake problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boys47 View Post
I moved into a home in September. Afterward, we find out that our yard is infested with Copperheads. We have a wildlife exterminator that has estimated at least 60 in our yard. Is this something that should have been disclosed to us? If so, what do we do now?

We have just moved into a house and have a similar snake problem as you. I would love to compare notes. I can be contacted at [email]jpwwylie@yahoo.com[/email] . We have already filed suit as we know the owner knew and did not disclose. JW

Old 09-30-2011, 02:08 PM

107 posts, read 166,922 times
I hate snakes! Are snakes that common around the Flower Mound, Grapevine, Keller area?

Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
It is possible to eradicate a snake den, but it is very costly. Coming from FL, there are snakes everywhere, you'll need to hire a professional to locate the den and any entrances/exits there are, then they can treat it. One person I know eventually cut his lawn size in half, by digging up the other half, leveling the yard, then put in a rock garden over a concrete slab.

60 snakes sounds like even more than he had though. I'd consult with an exterminator to see what options are available. You can eliminate a den, but you may decide it just isn't worth the cost to do it permanently.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:13 AM

621 posts, read 1,333,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
seriously?
you can't just sue everyone all the time. Sometimes crap just happens and it's no-ones fault, you just have to deal with it.

here's a link, snake numbers are on an increase in some areas.
Meet The Van Alstyne ‘Snake Lady’ « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Is there new developments close by where the land is being distrubed?
the early heat and lack of rain may also have them on the move.

We have cottonmouths in our neighborhood... saw about a 5 ft one when IKE dumped all the here. We have a TON of rat snakes. We had termites, about 3 mo after we moved in. Had a huge wasp nest in the attic...it was dorment when we bought the house, so it wasn't known until spring...again not the fault of the previuos homewowner.

For it to be the seller resp. you have to PROVE they had prior knowledge. They may not have been aware, did they have small kids playing outside? dogs? did they even do thier own lawn work? I have neighbors that I sware must be vampires...never have seen outside!

It's a crappy situation and I am sorry...but to just jump on the lets sue the previous owners bandwaggon is wrong.

How are your dogs? we lost one of ours to a copperhead when we lived in VA..nasty things.

Having 60 Copperheads in your backyard is not CRAP JUST HAPPENING! They obviously knew it and any court should be intelligent enough to know that!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,147 times
Default Snakes on property

Whatever happened with the snake problem that my2boys47 had in 2011?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM

67 posts, read 164,295 times
I'm curious how this turned out, too. Didn't see it before and didn't notice the dates until the last post.

If the previous owners knew, you'd have to prove it, and even then, it's iffy. Here is the link to the disclosure form that sellers fill out, which is mostly related to the condition of the house. Question 6 *could* have been used for that, but the wording is vague and leaves it open for interpretation by the courts. Snakes are native to this area, so I wouldn't think of putting it there to be honest. http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-H.pdf

If you're still having the problem (and I so hope you're not!)... get rid of the wood retaining wall, those are snake-magnets when they start to rot! Put in stone or concrete, the cost will be worthwhile and may just take away their breeding ground.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:17 PM

19,793 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Ancient post withdrawn

Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,147 times
Did my2boys47 try legal action? She hasn't been active lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas