Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:23 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,490,654 times

Advertisements

Another rich and famous person has realized what a great place we live and wants to live here with us. C'mon on in, and welcome to you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 08:41 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,971,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Another rich and famous person has realized what a great place we live and wants to live here with us. C'mon on in, and welcome to you!!
He doesn't want to live near your kind Debsi. He wants to live in the gated community of Vaquero in Westlake. You cannot drive your car univited anywhere in that neighborhood. It has an exclusive charter school and 0% poor and 0% middle class in the entire city...near the airport for him to jet to the East and West Coasts.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
He doesn't want to live near your kind Debsi. He wants to live in the gated community of Vaquero in Westlake. You cannot drive your car univited anywhere in that neighborhood. It has an exclusive charter school and 0% poor and 0% middle class in the entire city...near the airport for him to jet to the East and West Coasts.
It's still a free country. I don't mind where he wants to live, you sound jealous because he is wealthier than you. Prominent people coming to our region is good for everybody, plus it's free publicity for DFW.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:14 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,209,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
What i take seriously is the damage they do, by distracting and misleading the masses. in a representative democracy it is important that the people educate themselves, since we are essentially the employers. When the masses are tuned in to agenda driven flamethrowers it has a very negative effect, on the process.
Nancy Grace comes to mind, but I don't think she lives in the plexi-metro.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:13 AM

827 posts, read 1,671,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Well with so many losers against him he can feel safe there can't he?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:17 AM

827 posts, read 1,671,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Nancy Grace comes to mind, but I don't think she lives in the plexi-metro.
The only way she comes to mind is in a nightmare!!! If that one had her way all the courts would be with one sentence, GUILTY!!! ALSO she loves the ratings!!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:20 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,433,670 times
Quote:
Prominent people coming to our region is good for everybody, plus it's free publicity for DFW.
It isn't good publicity though. The last study I saw his q numbers (measure of liked vs disliked in media) were positive 17 negative 48. So WAY more people feel negatively about him than positive. This means if people associate him with DFW it will cause more negative than positive associations.

Of course the fact is most people will forget where he moved in a week.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:36 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,971,603 times
Quote:
It's still a free country. I don't mind where he wants to live, you sound jealous because he is wealthier than you. Prominent people coming to our region is good for everybody, plus it's free publicity for DFW.
Well I agree it IS a free country, and you should live wherever you want, and you are free to worship the rich if you want, and I'm free to speak up when some jerk moves near my neighborhood. And bad publicity is also good publicity, I hear too......so we are in agreement.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:06 PM

I don't worship the rich or Glenn Beck - this thread is ridiculous! I haven't caught an episode of his show in at least two years, but I'm aware of who he is and his general stance on things. It's very popular in the media and with left wing people in general to try to demonize conservatives be it the "regular people" members of the tea party movement or a public figure/entertainer like Beck rather than actually discussing/debating ideas, and I'm sick and tired of it! Just because somebody has a different viewpoint from you about how our country should be run does not make them stupid, greedy, racist, etc etc ad nauseum.

Bad publicity is good publicity, that's the only thing I'll agree with you on Padcrasher.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:09 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Just what Texas needs...another damn Yankee.
Classic DB response, which as a Yankee I am incredibly proud you think of me this way. No really I am, because it shows how freakin narrow-minded you are. And you don't like Glenn Beck??!

But really, why does anyone care who moves to their state (although it's really not yours), honestly think about it..He could give a rats-ass about what any of you think and your quibbling about him simply moving there and being from somewhere else. Some of you seriously need to get a grip....Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas