Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:47 AM

219 posts, read 333,859 times

Advertisements

I was told by people that have visited Texas period that is slow. You drive slow, service is slow, move slow, talk slow, he basically called Texas turtle town. What could he mean? Could it be just him being from Michigan that he thinks Texas is slow? Is there a BIG difference that i'll have to adjust too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids08_10 View Post
I was told by people that have visited Texas period that is slow. You drive slow, service is slow, move slow, talk slow, he basically called Texas turtle town. What could he mean? Could it be just him being from Michigan that he thinks Texas is slow? Is there a BIG difference that i'll have to adjust too?
You were misinformed on several counts..Maybe a slightly more laid back demeanor than the Northeast for example but there is just as much hustle and bustle in DFW..Whoever told you they drive slow is a fool, I am from Boston known for it's bad drivers and when I am on Texas highways I fear for my life. Never been tailgated and beeped at as much as I was last time out with a rental with out of state plates.

Whoever told you this is casting a pretty wide net about Texas and in my opinion could not be more wrong. People are a little nicer more willing to take time to listen and get to know you (another broad generalization though), otherwise the pace feels no different than the Northeast to me.

Last edited by skids929; 07-08-2011 at 09:03 AM..

Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,610,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids08_10 View Post
Move here, then after a year or so re-read the post you made. You'll realize how misinformed these people are, and how silly this post seems.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:01 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,477,862 times
I'm from Michigan and when my family comes for a visit - I apparently move too fast, drive too fast, think too fast...and zip-zag too fast for my family. Uhhhh...sooo nooo...we are not too slow in Dallas.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:14 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,461,741 times
yeah it takes a while to get places when you have a cowboy hat on and spurs on your boots and your riding a horse.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
yeah it takes a while to get places when you have a cowboy hat on and spurs on your boots and your riding a horse.
I thought the spurs made you go faster?

Old 07-08-2011, 10:02 AM

180 posts, read 479,412 times
What part of TX are they talking about? Out in the country.....sure, there isn't a "sense of urgency" but any of the big cities and surrounding suburbs you'll have people speeding, riding up your rear end and lot's of general impatience going on. It's nothing like NYC in the hustle and bustle dept but then again NYC is a completely different animal. Dining service wise.....I can honestly say I am very spoiled by the quickness, effeciency and supurb service that the Dallas food scene has.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpyrner View Post
What part of TX are they talking about? Out in the country.....sure, there isn't a "sense of urgency" but any of the big cities and surrounding suburbs you'll have people speeding, riding up your rear end and lot's of general impatience going on. It's nothing like NYC in the hustle and bustle dept but then again NYC is a completely different animal. Dining service wise.....I can honestly say I am very spoiled by the quickness, effeciency and supurb service that the Dallas food scene has.
Yes, NYC is a complete and total animal when it comes to hustle and bustle..It's awesome.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:25 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,511 times
I was going to respond to this, but it's a dumb thread.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I was going to respond to this, but it's a dumb thread.
But yet you just responded..Anyway, it's a fair question, people just don't know what it is like in Texas and this forum is here to answer questions, even if they are a little simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas