Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 07:21 PM

25 posts, read 30,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Agree with this totally. It's been blatant hypocrisy the way folks "soil themselves in disgust" at the welfare rats yet look the other way when the big banks were also rushing "like pigs to the trough" for their $700 billion bailout. Yet those same banks which were supposedly strapped for cash and on the verge of collapsing turned around and dished out multimillion dollar bonuses to the top dogs....how is this any different to welfare??? oh I'll tell you how it's different...welfare doesnt cost $700 billion...heck it's probably less than 1 per cent of that. That's the only difference.

It's been utterly amazing to me how the middle class here in the US, comprised of otherwise intelligent hard working people has been completely hoodwinked into swallowing the whole idea of support the rich/ruling class at any cost, just totally oblivious to the tremendous damage being done to the middle class by ALL sided mind you. Not just repub or dem...

I'm originally from Nigeria. And over there we have middle class people, a lot of college educated people who after graduation have to sit down and figure out which country they are going to move to in order to get a job and build a life for themselves, as that is pretty much impossible in Nigeria without either wealth or connections. Every day I see that coming closer and closer to reality here in the US. In less than 50 years time from now, we will be advising our kids/grandkids to move to China or India to get a job as all the decent middle class jobs will have been either outsourced or priced down to poverty wages. But keep focusing all your attention on the welfare folks because of course we all know they are the real problem...such sheep.
And that's because the white man has lost his political control of this country. American tax dollars are sent over to Israel by the ton to pay for those people's free medical care, free medical schooling, military aid, subsidized housing, and a host of other "gov't. sponsored" programs. Not only that, but you all get to fight their wars for them whenever they tell you to. The billions that went to bail out Wall St. is a drop in the bucket compared to the bill the American taxpayer foots for Israel, year in and year out.

But, of course and as usual, the problem is the Blacks.

I won't even get into how much of this economy is based on the continued exploitation of the mineral wealth of the African continent, because "fair-minded" white folks seem to lose all that "fair-mindedness" when you start talking about that.

Personally, I'm not embarrassed in the least. I say them folks should get all they can, and then some. I also can't say how pleased I am that the white man is really starting to feel the pinch in this country. You spent years and years doing all you could to keep your boot on the Black man's neck, and my how the tables have turned. The best thing is, you've been sold out by your very own, and in my opinion that's beautiful!

It's called reciprocity.

Oh yeah, and this is precisely the country the Founding Fathers envisioned, quiet as it's kept; but I don't really expect many of you to know too much about any of that. It's always easier to regurgitate some nonsense you heard Glenn Beck saying, than to really go out and try to learn something.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:40 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryMack View Post
And that's because the white man has lost his political control of this country. American tax dollars are sent over to Israel by the ton to pay for those people's free medical care, free medical schooling, military aid, subsidized housing, and a host of other "gov't. sponsored" programs. Not only that, but you all get to fight their wars for them whenever they tell you to. The billions that went to bail out Wall St. is a drop in the bucket compared to the bill the American taxpayer foots for Israel, year in and year out.

But, of course and as usual, the problem is the Blacks.

I won't even get into how much of this economy is based on the continued exploitation of the mineral wealth of the African continent, because "fair-minded" white folks seem to lose all that "fair-mindedness" when you start talking about that.

Personally, I'm not embarrassed in the least. I say them folks should get all they can, and then some. I also can't say how pleased I am that the white man is really starting to feel the pinch in this country. You spent years and years doing all you could to keep your boot on the Black man's neck, and my how the tables have turned. The best thing is, you've been sold out by your very own, and in my opinion that's beautiful!

It's called reciprocity.

Oh yeah, and this is precisely the country the Founding Fathers envisioned, quiet as it's kept; but I don't really expect many of you to know too much about any of that. It's always easier to regurgitate some nonsense you heard Glenn Beck saying, than to really go out and try to learn something.
Ironically, the harder things become on the poor and middle class. The more they will blame lazy, unemployed, citizens for their circumstances and the more they will rally behind a tiny club of rich elites. The gap between rich and poor is the greatest it's been since the age of the Robber Barons and it hasn't even hit people how profoundly ignorant they are of what hard times lie ahead. Few people have the intellect to cut through the propaganda and stick up for their family's livelihoods. It's basically 70% mass psychosis. I feel sorry for those who understand and have been watching this slow motion train wreck in progress for Decades.

Just to put this in perspective. The ENTIRE Federal budget in 2010 devoted to housing and community assistance was 2%.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-G...ith+cutout.jpg

The Defense budget was 24% and no elites in power utter a word about cutting that needless, absurd figure.

Last edited by padcrasher; 07-17-2011 at 08:07 PM..

Old 07-17-2011, 08:05 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,442,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
The sky is falling AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! C'mon, lets get real here..Personally, I hate bailouts as much as I hate welfare. If I were running this country there would NOT have been QE1, nevermind QE3. I would have let it all fall flat on it's face so it could properly correct itself, and got rid of the lobby in this country while I was at it, AND brought back the popular vote.

Oh, and by the way, we're focusing our attention on welfare because this is a thread about welfare not the demise of America and politics.

and therein you prove my point. You think of welfare as that given to low income families. The bailout money is welfare just as well, but you, along with many far too many good middle class americans, have been brainwashed into thinking that this type of welfare is somehow 'different' even though its the same tax payer funds being given to those who really dont deserve it. They should all be grouped together. They are one and the same.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
[/b]

and therein you prove my point. You think of welfare as that given to low income families. The bailout money is welfare just as well, but you, along with many far too many good middle class americans, have been brainwashed into thinking that this type of welfare is somehow 'different' even though its the same tax payer funds being given to those who really dont deserve it. They should all be grouped together. They are one and the same.
and it's more than that biafra4life. she only wants to focus on "welfare" because that way she gets to focus (scapegoat) on someone else, i.e. some "lazy" minority. she doesn't want to focus on the "the demise of America and politics" because then she'd have to start asking some troubling questions, and come to some troubling conclusions. maybe she'd even have to look at herself.

why are we seeing such an increase of Americans (not just Blacks, Latinos, etc.) having to go on public assistance? where are the jobs? gone; why are the jobs gone? who sent them away? the elected officials, i.e., the "American people" themselves.

again, why? when? for what purpose? is that what the "American people" sent their elected officials to Congress to do? - to send this country's manufacturing base - which is the backbone of any nation - over to China, India, and Mexico? and since that wasn't enough, they threw in the service sector jobs for good measure. not only that, they - their own elected officials - sat by and watched as the bankers busted out the Treasury for trillions.

now that's ugly.

but, no, let's not focus on any of that (which is simply code for 'let's not focus on the role that I, myself, might have played in the downfall of this America that I profess to love so.')

nah, let's focus on a few Blacks trying to get a housing voucher. it's easier that way. it's always easier that way.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:51 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryMack View Post
no, but apparently you are. you don't know your history, because if you did you would know that this latest "crisis" followed the same pattern as the Tech stock boom and bust of the 90's, and the Savings and Loan Scandal of the 80's before that. exact same pattern - deregulation, the bubble, then the bust. then comes the taxpayer "bailout."

and the next "crisis" - the Green/Clean Energy Industry - will follow along that same pattern.

but you keep on listening to that Glenn Beck, there buddy, and keep on blaming the nigras.
Ever see To Kill A Mockingbird?

Know who you are dealing with.

http://www.glogster.com/media/5/19/55/85/19558578.jpg

Old 07-17-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Ever see To Kill A Mockingbird?

Know who you are dealing with.

http://www.glogster.com/media/5/19/55/85/19558578.jpg
LOL

True.

Them folks ain't changed. Not at all. Their basic nature hasn't changed in thousands of years, and the next thousand won't see any change for the better.

We just gotta get our people focused again, man. That's all.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
that is because "people" like you live living at the bottom because it is the only way you can ever really keep up or compete

what you don't understand is that others don't have to live that way and will choose not to.....and at the end of the day you will continue to live at the bottom......even if on top of the bottom......it will still be the bottom....and others will exclude the bottom from their presence

PS.....since we "paid to do it" you would think the who rapparationz debate is settled then as well
Alot of success in life is based on personality, and how you carry yourself and relate to others..In fact I would say most of success in life is based on this, not just how hard you want to work and compete. Obviously, this new poster (Coreymack) struggles with the former and had little success in life because of it and find it's more productive to blame everyone else, particularly white people and Jewish people. It's a shame really..

Old 07-18-2011, 08:00 AM

695 posts, read 1,447,470 times
On Youtube, you can find many clips of W endorsing and praising home ownership in low-income neighborhoods. Bill Clinton didn't cause the real estate bubble.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:04 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse View Post
On Youtube, you can find many clips of W endorsing and praising home ownership in low-income neighborhoods. Bill Clinton didn't cause the real estate bubble.
Question for you.... Did I say Bill Clinton caused the RE bubble? Did I?

Last edited by skids929; 07-18-2011 at 08:13 AM..

Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
It's a known fact that the Clinton-era passing the "Community reinvestment Act" which was to encourage banks to lend to "all segments" of their communities.

Essentially this means, if you make $19k a year and are a minority we will find a way to get you into that $400k home of your dreams.
Quote:
Question for you? Did I say Bill Clinton caused the RE bubble? Did I?
You certainly implied at least partial responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas