Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:51 AM

13 posts, read 38,686 times

Advertisements

It seems I have this very faint memory of getting a notice in the mail in about 2009 that there was a warrant for my arrest from an unpaid traffic ticket from 1998 (guess they are a little behind). Since I was about to move away, I didn't worry about it.
Now I am moving back and worried. I have to have my Texas license or I get fired from my job in auto insurance. I can't be arrested or I lose my job. I have been doing online searches for months and months and cannot find info on whether or not I have a warrant.
Does anyone know how I can address this before I cross the state line next week????
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,196 times
Welcome to the City of Dallas, Texas - City Web Portal

OR CALL 214-640-0109

Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM

36 posts, read 88,054 times
call a dallas court house, or police department. If they don't know then I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction

Old 07-27-2011, 01:08 PM

13 posts, read 38,686 times
I actually found the info online right after I posted. I do, in fact have a warrant. The weird thing is, it is in my maiden name, indicating that it was an infraction of mmore than 10 years ago. In the past 10 years, I have gotten 3 DL's and numerous vehicle registrations, in addition to being stopped for traffic violations, and never been arrested. What's the deal?
I tried calling several numbers that I found, and it's always a call tree that you cannot get out of with no option to speak to a person. The automated system does not tell you any information except where to go in person for additional questions. I will be at that location anyway, incarcerated, if I cannot resolve over the phone!

Old 07-27-2011, 02:25 PM

6,796 posts, read 14,016,278 times
If you know you have a warrant get a traffic ticket attorney to handle it for you. Since it is 10 years old it will certainly be dismissed. Do not go and try to get a drivers license or any other kind of license because you will be arrested. You could also post bond for the warrant and then go to court to get it dismissed but this would consume to much of your time IMHO.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:29 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett21 View Post
I actually found the info online right after I posted. I do, in fact have a warrant. The weird thing is, it is in my maiden name, indicating that it was an infraction of mmore than 10 years ago. In the past 10 years, I have gotten 3 DL's and numerous vehicle registrations, in addition to being stopped for traffic violations, and never been arrested. What's the deal?
I tried calling several numbers that I found, and it's always a call tree that you cannot get out of with no option to speak to a person. The automated system does not tell you any information except where to go in person for additional questions. I will be at that location anyway, incarcerated, if I cannot resolve over the phone!
You have to listen to all prompts and then it will give you an options to speak with someone "live"...it's a PITA but that's what you have to do.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:25 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
I don't know that you will automatically have it dismissed--
there could be fines tied to it that the city does not want to give up
but would say you definitely need attorney to solve the problem

since you have married and probably have different last name and you won't get the same DL number when you reapply--you might never get caught--
want to take the risk??? your call

Old 07-27-2011, 07:04 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,554,400 times
Get the traffic ticket attorney...we paid a whole $40 for one this past winter to fight a speeding ticket my husband got. Worth. every. penny.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:59 PM

695 posts, read 1,447,042 times
I just got a traffic ticket after turning into a zone that did not appear to be marked until I got pulled over. Who did you use to fight your ticket?

Old 07-28-2011, 02:04 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,554,400 times
Quote:
I just got a traffic ticket after turning into a zone that did not appear to be marked until I got pulled over.
Same situation as my husband--I'll see if I can find the letter, but I probably wont be able to. Apparently they release the names of those that get tickets (at least in Dallas) and we got 5-6 offers in the mail from lawyers a week later. We just picked the cheapest!

Don't expect to get any one-on-one interaction, though. They are just pushing you through the system. Worked for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas