Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 03:46 PM

216 posts, read 342,829 times

Advertisements

Well - we got an offer and we are happy with it - so now to decide on a house! We are down to 3 - 2 are in Stonewall and 1 is in Lee. The Lee one is in walking distance - the Stonewall houses are driving distance only.

1 of the Stonewall houses is not walking distance to Greenville and the other is.

GAH! We are going to go and scope them out one last time tomorrow - but I could really use some help with the school stuff.

Everyone kinda dogs on Lee - but it IS exemplary. I also like that it is walking distance. I'm really torn as I can find lots of info on Stonewall and not really too much on Lee.

You guys have been GREAT on feedback and help so far - so I am turning to you one more time.

Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 05:19 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,211,046 times
Have you visited both schools while they're in session? That may make the decision for you if one feels more like "home" than the other.

I think both schools are good, but Stonewall has had a more consistent track record over a longer period of time. The neighborhood "cache" is attached to Stonewall & Lakewood (not Lee....right now, at least) so if you needed to sell, you'd have more potential family buyers in a home zoned to Stonewall. My $.02......

Old 08-22-2011, 05:33 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,627,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Have you visited both schools while they're in session? That may make the decision for you if one feels more like "home" than the other.

I think both schools are good, but Stonewall has had a more consistent track record over a longer period of time. The neighborhood "cache" is attached to Stonewall & Lakewood (not Lee....right now, at least) so if you needed to sell, you'd have more potential family buyers in a home zoned to Stonewall. My $.02......
This is great advice. I have friends with kids at Stonewall, Lakewood and Lee. They all love where they are for different reasons.

I do think Lee is gaining momentum in their reputation. I would consider how long you plan to be here when making your decision.

As for the other two, having lived in Lakewood for 8 years, I am not sure i would live in walking distance to Greenville. Maybe a few blocks down or a "good little walk' down, but not within a block or two. That also would depend on what block of Greenville you are closest to. Some parts are fairly quiet while others are very busy.

Good luck!

Good luck and welcome to East Dallas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas