Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 12:47 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,689,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewLB20 View Post
The OP asked about Single Family Homes close to DART rail stations. Only in Dallas would people complain about walking less than a mile to catch a train. Any city with a need for public transit is going to have busy roads everywhere. Don't walk in the road and you should be fine. Walking is good for you! And there is nothing unsafe about the area around the Apollo Rd. house. The area is 80% +/- white collar and middle to upper middle class. There is a large Asian shopping center close-by. But again not a high crime area, most people who shop there are middle to upper-middle class people. I know it's hard for many in Dallas to believe that some people rather take their time on the train rather than own a car and/or drive to work.
I'm planning a trip to Dallas and I'd like to check out this neighborhood but I'm confused about exactly which dart station I would stop at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 12:49 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times
DART website has a trip planner on their home page.

DART.org - Dallas Area Rapid Transit

Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,111 times
Smile DART Rail Neighborhoods

Not sure about other neighborhoods but by White Rock DART station both University Terrace and University Manor/Merriman park are great neighborhoods and safe too!

Old 05-24-2013, 04:04 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Kind of a tangent here, but.... Does anyone know if there are eventual plans for east-west DART rail routes? Everything now has a north-south orientation (although most routes aren't purely north-south). For example, will we ever be able to get from central or east Dallas somewhat directly to DFW without having to go south into downtown?

Old 05-24-2013, 07:33 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
Kind of a tangent here, but.... Does anyone know if there are eventual plans for east-west DART rail routes? Everything now has a north-south orientation (although most routes aren't purely north-south). For example, will we ever be able to get from central or east Dallas somewhat directly to DFW without having to go south into downtown?
The only thing I know of is the proposed Cotton Belt line, which would run across North Dall from Plano down to DFW, and possibly even into downtown Fort Worth. However, given DART's monetary struggles, it is very much a future project. Here's the wiki if you're curious: Cotton Belt Rail Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 AM

743 posts, read 1,320,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
There is a proposed west route, but nothing yet east. The 60 bus route was a trolley route originally. It would be great to have a line running northeast from Fair Park along that same span.

DART.org - DART Current and Future Services Map

The rumors I have heard are along the lines that the existing train tracks that separate 75218/75228 were part of the original 80's system plan, but that neighborhood groups fought to prevent that (I'd guess Forest Hills). Though I think that track is privately owned, so who knows. Now half of that potential network is the Santa Fe running trail.

I've also heard there was supposed to be a station at Knox-Henderson but the same NIMBY attitudes prevailed. Our neighborhood isn't well known for being able to see the forest for the trees...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas