Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:29 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,442,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Its not hate, thats a strong word..It's the stupidity as I most see it..The, more of what did not work most surely will work this time, attitude he's adopted. The "we're worried about our Youth in America", blaming high unemployment, but yet he's ok with leaving them with 16 Trillion in debt to pay back, and a bankrupted Social Security. He chose this path, the path to more redistributive Federal programs, more regulations, more contemptuous talk about the wealthy which created evermore class warfare, more debt, more uncertainty in financial markets, and more overall failed big government. Solyndra also comes to mind..

All this from a guy who had a record high approval ratings out of the gate and theoretically had limitless potential with the American people. He chose the exact opposite path to American renewal he promised he would give us when Campaigned, and paradoxically drove us that much faster into becoming a welfare state.

If you want to know why people have strong feelings, there is a start for you.

I have to say I sometimes find the blatant hypocrisy and selective amnesia demonstrated by conservatives like you to be absolutely breathtaking...you really can't be serious about all these issues you have with Obama??? you talk about Obama's "failed government" ok let's look at your idol good old dubya;

Republicans moan about the deficit, well Dubya was handed a SURPLUS and turned it into a nice fat deficit by the time he left office...interestingly enough, those champions of balancing the budget, the tea party, was nowhere to be found for the 8 years of Bush's spending sprees...

Clinton handed Bush a booming economy, with low unemployment...Bush handed Obama an economy already in recession, along with rapidly rising unemployment...how's that for conservative handling of the economy!!!

Republicans love to bash Obama on the stimulus and other spending as wasteful, conveniently ignoring the fact that the $700 billion dollar bank bailout was signed on Bush's watch (more conservative theory working!)

Solyandra??? Surely republicans are not throwing stones from their glass houses kindly donated by Halliburton???

Old 09-15-2011, 12:37 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,442,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
I am pretty sure the gist of everything you just said is racist..Lemme double-check, yep it is. And FYI, you live in country with an "anglo-centric" (what a sh*tty term BTW) heritage. And Hegemonic? Are the Governments in your homeland any better? I can't think of a Govt in the world that can't be accused of that. And celebrate Kwanzaa? I disagree, unless it's a religious school. I send my children to Catholic school and I expect prayer and religious recognition, not in a public school (assuming yours attends public).

You find our Flag ceremony offensive? Why? Your daughter might not. Shouldn't she be given the opportunity to decide for herself? Isn't that the Mantra of the beautiful people? No rules, just peace love and happiness.

All your teaching your daughter is how to be disloyal, ungrateful and in my opinion disrespectful. This country gave you what you have, you might not be an MD, an NFL running back and all the other great things internet anonymity has allowed you to be. Your welcome.

Just remember, all the nonsense you just brought up is where we all tend to disagree. The Flag and our sense of Country is the one place we should Unite and come together, as one. Thats the intention of the Pledge, nothing more.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all.

hard to believe that the two of you are supposed to be on the same side (conservative)...it's nice to be a fly on the wall of all those tea party/alleged conservative meetings to see how things really go down! Is this the type of verbal beatdowns you have to take to join the republican party??? Good luck to you Ganon, dont know how you do it...suddenly it's become clear to me why someone like Colin Powell would go from serving in a republican administration to endorsing a democrat the next election...all you black guys on that side pretty much have to castrate yourselves before heading into the party meetings...

Old 09-15-2011, 08:08 AM

419 posts, read 998,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganongrey
I refuse to have my young daughter pledge allegiance of any sort to the anglo-centric hegemonic government of this county. I would send her to school with a note if that was an issue. I would also make sure that afro-centric holidays are observed and sure as Hell would pull her out of school if the school board didn't see fit to give her at least the first 2 days (umoja and ujochacalia) off for Kwanzaa. She should not have to salute or even stand for any flag ceremony that her parents find offensive.

Last edited by HOAPRESIDENT; 09-15-2011 at 08:30 AM..

Old 09-15-2011, 08:27 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOAPRESIDENT View Post
[/i]

[/i]

Don't call me Shirley - YouTube

Old 09-15-2011, 08:34 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I want them to take out the 'under God' part of the Pledge, which is not actually part of the original wording of the Pledge of Allegiance anyway. Other than that I'm fine with it.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:57 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,434,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I want them to take out the 'under God' part of the Pledge, which is not actually part of the original wording of the Pledge of Allegiance anyway. Other than that I'm fine with it.
You know, I'm not an atheist - scary how you have to begin by saying that - but the idiocy of adding "under God" is just amazing. It created almost all of the arguments and lawsuits we have today, and all to make a point about how the US was better than the USSR (as if everyone in the US didn't already know that) because we weren't "Godless" communists - as if the Godless part was what made the USSR worse than the USA.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:07 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I agree, I wouldn't have a problem with this either since it tends to be the center of controversy.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:55 AM

2,674 posts, read 4,393,394 times
I actually wanted to put this rant up to see what type of responses it would garner.
I was trolling. Apologies are implied.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:54 AM

965 posts, read 1,885,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
hard to believe that the two of you are supposed to be on the same side (conservative)...it's nice to be a fly on the wall of all those tea party/alleged conservative meetings to see how things really go down! Is this the type of verbal beatdowns you have to take to join the republican party??? Good luck to you Ganon, dont know how you do it...suddenly it's become clear to me why someone like Colin Powell would go from serving in a republican administration to endorsing a democrat the next election...all you black guys on that side pretty much have to castrate yourselves before heading into the party meetings...

Hence my semi-sarcastic smartass comment on him getting his "Negro Wake Up Call" a few weeks back. Be that as it may, I could tell he was being sarcastic in his comments, but Skids couldn't help himself to start frothing at the mouth and bang away at the keyboard to put a 'nigra' in his place.

Well played Ganon, well played

Old 09-15-2011, 11:58 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,747,614 times
Keep it coming people!!

I am on my fifth bag of popcorn!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas