Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:51 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,379,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Why not?

And did you just insinuate that I play for the red team?

Anway, not reciting anything other than the way I see things. Guy is an empty-suit, now and two years ago. Will be the same in another two years too.

BTW, I don't have a problem with using our military, even in Iraq. My mentality is much like Bush's, use the military, mess with the Bull get the horns. We shouldn't have stopped at Iraq. They woke a sleeping giant and to this day haven't taken responsibility as a culture for the fundamentalist mentality that is pervasive in most of those countries in the middle eaast. My opinion, that entire part of the world could use a good old fashioned lesson in what the 1st world is doing. I make no apologies for this, or the way I feel about Obama being completely inept.
Your perspective lacks a worldview. May as well revive Manifest Destiny. While the prospect of the stars and stripes or even better a Gadsden flag over Iraq and gas at 78 cent a gallon is enticing, it's not the world we live in anymore.

Instead of sending an outmoded military designed to battle sovereign states such as the former Soviet Union, we send it to fight ununiformed combatants who are barely more than well-supplied street gangs. The killing of Osama was the blueprint- small special forces team: surgical strike, no need to hold land. Take out who we need to take out, but occupation just puts lives at risk.

Imagine what you'd do if I interfered in a family fight between you and your wife- You'd tell me to shut the FSU up. That's what we're doing. We're in the middle of what's essentially a 2000 year old civil war/family feud. There is barely nationalism there, mostly tribal affiliations.

If only it were as simple as kicking their a$$...

Joshua and Wargames; the only winning move is not to play.

Last edited by GreyDay; 08-29-2011 at 07:08 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 07:08 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,802,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganongrey View Post
Your perspective lacks a worldview. May as well revive Manifest Destiny. While the prospect of the stars and stripes or even better a Gadsden flag over Iraq and gas at 78 cent a gallon is enticing, it's not the world we live in anymore.

Instead of sending a outmoded military built to fight sovereign states such as the former Soviet Union we send it to fight ununiformed combatants who are barely more than well-supplied street gangs. The killing of Osama was the blueprint- small special forces team, surgical strike, no need to hold land. Take out who we need to take out but occupation just puts lives at risk.

Imagine what you'd do if I interfered in a family fight between you and your wife- You'd tell me to shut the FSU up. That's what we're doing. We're in the middle of what's essentially a 2000 year old civil war/family feud. There is barely nationalism there, mostly tribal affiliations.

If only it were as simple as kicking their a$$...

Joshua and Wargames; the only winning move is not to play.

Manifest Destiny, easy tiger..Remember we were basically sitting here minding our own business when we got slammed. Its not about Worldview, it's about Middle Eastern view. Like Bush said, we will make no distinction between the terrorists themselves and the countries who harbor them-I like that alot. Basically it says, you want to kill us, we will have the option to come find you and kill you first.

And when I said use the military, I meant primarily Black OPs. Or Nukes when it comes to these types.

As far as family feuds go, if for some reason I witnessed some guy beating his wife and asked him nicely to stop and then he drove his car through my living room and blew me up in retaliation, I would expect my family to carry out a Cretan Vendetta on him. We did nothing to these people to warrant what happened, this is about power really taken to a sick level.

Seriously though, I like your Wargames analogy.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,390 times
my kids know obama should not be the US President!!! My 9 yr old would be appalued if she thought someone was praising him!

Old 08-29-2011, 07:18 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,143,342 times
Quote:
We could argue the American public was sold a bill of goods concerning an imminent need to invade Iraq.

Ok.

We don't make anything as a country anymore. Import raw goods export finished products...Phil Knight's business thesis about making products cheaply in China and selling them in the states killed that one, as for Apple...And hell we even outsource the jobs that you only needed to be able to speak english to get to India these days.

Americans are stupid. Yes, I said that, stupid. Our public education system compared to most of Europe is laughable, elite prep schools like mine included.

The manufacturing jobs are not coming back.
We may be stupid as a nation, but Europeans really aren't much better. I say this as someone who spent their 20s and early 30s living and working in Poland, Germany, France, and the UK. Of the nations I listed the British were the dumbest, the Polish the smartest, the Germans the most practical, and the French were the best at math and classical philosophy. But I wouldn't say any of them were any smarter than we are. The Polish and Germans are as industrious and productive as we are at work, the French and British faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less so. That isn't to say that they're lazy; they're not. They just take a very different approach to it. And the French have a very impractical tertiary education system, though their secondary system is superb. The British secondary system is a joke. If someone flipped a switch and made Poland an English-speaking country, they would clean Europe's clock within five years.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
We may be stupid as a nation, but Europeans really aren't much better. I say this as someone who spent their 20s and early 30s living and working in Poland, Germany, France, and the UK. Of the nations I listed the British were the dumbest, the Polish the smartest, the Germans the most practical, and the French were the best at math and classical philosophy. But I wouldn't say any of them were any smarter than we are. The Polish and Germans are as industrious and productive as we are at work, the French and British faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less so. That isn't to say that they're lazy; they're not. They just take a very different approach to it. And the French have a very impractical tertiary education system, though their secondary system is superb. The British secondary system is a joke. If someone flipped a switch and made Poland an English-speaking country, they would clean Europe's clock within five years.
I married a Polish woman (2nd generation)! Since we're generalizing here, the women are beautiful there too! Eastern European in general.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Manifest Destiny, easy tiger..Remember we were basically sitting here minding our own business when we got slammed. Its not about Worldview, it's about Middle Eastern view. Like Bush said, we will make no distinction between the terrorists themselves and the countries who harbor them-I like that alot. Basically it says, you want to kill us, we will have the option to come find you and kill you first.

And when I said use the military, I meant primarily Black OPs. Or Nukes when it comes to these types.

As far as family feuds go, if for some reason I witnessed some guy beating his wife and asked him nicely to stop and then he drove his car through my living room and blew me up in retaliation, I would expect my family to carry out a Cretan Vendetta on him. We did nothing to these people to warrant what happened, this is about power really taken to a sick level.

Seriously though, I like your Wargames analogy.
I lived in DC during 9/11. I had a view of the Capitol and the Washington Monument. I looked out my window all day, just waiting for something to happen.

My hospital (Washington Hospital Center) was the only hospital to get a Hawk out before airspace was closed. We took care of the casualties. I was there. I saw it with my own eyes. Have you ever taken care of a burn patient? Believe me, I wanted to level the entire region, send them back to the stone age. But that was anger.

The nuclear option is a deterrent for nations, not clans, tribes, loosely affiliated groups that hate the US because of who we are and Justin Bieber. You can't have a rational discussion with someone willing to strap a bomb to his d!ck.

Smoke em out. I liked that one. I still like it. But troops on the groud? Too easy a target. I saw a young guy at a bar drinking a beer with a hook arm. I then noticed both his arms were hooks. Young guy, military swagger, but what is accomplished by holding onto a piece of mud? It's not a conventional war. I have no problems with a JDAM dropping the hammer on a lasered bunker. But there is nothing to occupy.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I lived in DC during 9/11. I had a view of the Capitol and the Washington Monument. I looked out my window all day, just waiting for something to happen.

My hospital (Washington Hospital Center) was the only hospital to get a Hawk out before airspace was closed. We took care of the casualties. I was there. I saw it with my own eyes. Have you ever taken care of a burn patient? Believe me, I wanted to level the entire region, send them back to the stone age. But that was anger.

The nuclear option is a deterrent for nations, not clans, tribes, loosely affiliated groups that hate the US because of who we are and Justin Bieber. You can't have a rational discussion with someone willing to strap a bomb to his d!ck.

Smoke em out. I liked that one. I still like it. But troops on the groud? Too easy a target. I saw a young guy at a bar drinking a beer with a hook arm. I then noticed both his arms were hooks. Young guy, military swagger, but what is accomplished by holding onto a piece of mud? It's not a conventional war. I have no problems with a JDAM dropping the hammer on a lasered bunker. But there is nothing to occupy.
Drones are good.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Drones are good.
I think we found our common ground. I'm still a bit raw from driving past the Pentagon seeing the blue tarp covering the ongoing repairs.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,143,342 times
Quote:
I married a Polish woman (2nd generation)! Since we're generalizing here, the women are beautiful there too! Eastern European in general.
Thanks; I'm half Polish.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUelitist View Post
1) If it's anti-Obama, it's 100% factual.

2) Obama murders babies, she should be given an award for patriotism for exposing him in such a manner.

3) If you support/defend Obama in any way, you should have your children removed from your home permanently because you're obviously a supporter of having babies drowned in a salty solution and there's no telling what you're capable of doing to yours or any children.

All this coming from the person who has "I hate Children" in there own About Me profile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas