Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 07:19 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
That Chateau thing is going on in alot more than Frisco and McKinney young lady.

Maybe I should have clarified..Unique in a pond full of suburb cookie cutter fish. Just because the architecture is based on some beautiful homes in Dallas doesn't make it any less weird to me all the way out there in a Pasture. In terms of real estate, being that different in relation to all the homes it would comp to can't be a good thing.

I do like those designs alot, the neighborhood just looks like an odd duck in pictures.
But those homes aren't just timeless in Dallas. They're similar to what you find in Buckhead (Atlanta), Winnetka & other nice Chicago burbs, Westchester/ Bergen Co NYC suburbs, Main Line Philly burbs, and other early 20th Century burbs & in-town neighborhoods around the US.

The Victorian and Prairie/Craftsman style homes blend right in with the historic neighborhood by downtown McKinney's old square.

And I know the Faux Chateau is a widespread tragedy in the US. And I predict in 20-25 years it will look as awful as 1970's soft contemporary homes and the early 1980's red brick box McM's do today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 09:13 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
Oddly enough, my parents are interested in houses like these. Smaller than their current house in Plano, but just as expensive, with basically zero land to maintain but a small patio backyard.

Not my cup of tea, but there is a draw for some people to have houses on tiny lots who don't want to do any maintenance, and typically the HOA fees cover the front landscaping.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 771 times
Default tucker hill

Southern Land Company (SLC), the developer of Tucker Hill, is essentially an absentee landlord. By most appearences they have lost their enthusiasm for this community. They appear largely insenstive to the needs and desires of the homeowners. Many believe they make community development decisions in callous disregard of their major stakeholders......the homeowner. Having said this Tucker Hill has been incredibly successful attracting good families to the community.......first class people by any measure. Seek out the thoughts of as many of these folks as you can before making the decision to live in Tucker Hill. YOU MAY FIND THIS COMMUNITY IS WHERE YOU WANT TO CALL HOME.....or not. But regardless you can take solice in that you did your homework.

Old 03-07-2015, 01:29 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,661,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea0987 View Post
Southern Land Company (SLC), the developer of Tucker Hill, is essentially an absentee landlord. By most appearences they have lost their enthusiasm for this community. They appear largely insenstive to the needs and desires of the homeowners. Many believe they make community development decisions in callous disregard of their major stakeholders......the homeowner. Having said this Tucker Hill has been incredibly successful attracting good families to the community.......first class people by any measure. Seek out the thoughts of as many of these folks as you can before making the decision to live in Tucker Hill. YOU MAY FIND THIS COMMUNITY IS WHERE YOU WANT TO CALL HOME.....or not. But regardless you can take solice in that you did your homework.
Im curious what has been the issues with SLC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas