Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 08:53 PM

12 posts, read 27,443 times

Advertisements

hi guys,

need ur suggestions on good/hygenic/friendly pediatric's office for my daughter- 3 yr & son 18 mon.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-18-2011 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: repaired
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 11:25 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Check your insurance first. It can be quite costly to go outside of your network.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:52 AM

372 posts, read 710,231 times
I wanted to relate this story.

When we staged homes, we lived in a neighborhood very close to Plano Presby in West Plano. When we moved in, I decided I needed to switch doctors for my children since we were too far away from our old pediatrician. Had it on my mind but did not get around it quick enough. Then my son complained about leg pain and I decided to start calling around. I called several in West Plano and NO ONE near us would take my son that day because he was not a established patient. I knew that was going to be a problem and was not angry, just frustrated. I was told to go to urgent care or drive to the old pediatricians office which was about an hour away by a couple of practices. I then just decided to google and found a pediatrician on 15th not far from us who had the best ratings of all the pediatricians in Plano and decided, I might as well try. I called and they wanted to see my son immediately. As soon as we arrived, they took him into the examination room, I hardly had time to sign my son in. The pediatrician told me it could be serious, explained what the conditions it could be and drew a diagram of what each scenario could be and he hoped it was just inflammation. He wrote up orders for x ray immediately.

Turns out my son had an inflammation in his left leg bone after all and was thankful it wasn't the more serious of the 2. I am very grateful to him for seeing us the day of I called and I have taken my children ever since to this remarkable doctor. I look back on that day and think, ya know he saw my son when no one else wanted and he knew from what I described it could be very serious.

He runs a practice not a business and that is the difference that I have seen with him versus any other doctor I have seen in the past few years in medicine.

That remarkable doctor is Dr. Peter Sherrod and you can find him on Woodburn Corners sandwiched between 15th and Park. Here is his address and phone number.

3721 West 15th Street Suite 601
Plano, TX 75075
Phone: (972) 596-8100

Every review I read is true to word, I never feel judged, staff and he alike are very respectful and very kind. He also has been voted by D Magazine as one of the best pediatricians in Dallas area.

Last edited by Vintage Life; 11-17-2011 at 08:31 AM..

Old 11-17-2011, 07:55 AM

670 posts, read 2,998,208 times
Willowbend Pediatrics. I've had my kids going there since 1997 and still make the drive from Allen.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:39 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,745,747 times
These are both good.

The advantage of the the first is that they are in the hospital and can send out tests and have them back while you are still in the office.

Pediatric Associates of Plano, PLLC

http://www.planopediatrics.com

Old 11-17-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
These are both good.

The advantage of the the first is that they are in the hospital and can send out tests and have them back while you are still in the office.

Pediatric Associates of Plano, PLLC

http://www.planopediatrics.com
Thanks !

Old 11-17-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Life View Post
I wanted to relate this story.

When we staged homes, we lived in a neighborhood very close to Plano Presby in West Plano. When we moved in, I decided I needed to switch doctors for my children since we were too far away from our old pediatrician. Had it on my mind but did not get around it quick enough. Then my son complained about leg pain and I decided to start calling around. I called several in West Plano and NO ONE near us would take my son that day because he was not a established patient. I knew that was going to be a problem and was not angry, just frustrated. I was told to go to urgent care or drive to the old pediatricians office which was about an hour away by a couple of practices. I then just decided to google and found a pediatrician on 15th not far from us who had the best ratings of all the pediatricians in Plano and decided, I might as well try. I called and they wanted to see my son immediately. As soon as we arrived, they took him into the examination room, I hardly had time to sign my son in. The pediatrician told me it could be serious, explained what the conditions it could be and drew a diagram of what each scenario could be and he hoped it was just inflammation. He wrote up orders for x ray immediately.

Turns out my son had an inflammation in his left leg bone after all and was thankful it wasn't the more serious of the 2. I am very grateful to him for seeing us the day of I called and I have taken my children ever since to this remarkable doctor. I look back on that day and think, ya know he saw my son when no one else wanted and he knew from what I described it could be very serious.

He runs a practice not a business and that is the difference that I have seen with him versus any other doctor I have seen in the past few years in medicine.

That remarkable doctor is Dr. Peter Sherrod and you can find him on Woodburn Corners sandwiched between 15th and Park. Here is his address and phone number.

3721 West 15th Street Suite 601
Plano, TX 75075
Phone: (972) 596-8100

Every review I read is true to word, I never feel judged, staff and he alike are very respectful and very kind. He also has been voted by D Magazine as one of the best pediatricians in Dallas area.

Thanks a ton for taking time out & sharing your experience. I hope ur son is all well now.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:55 PM

262 posts, read 564,815 times
We use Pediatric Associates of Dallas at the Plano location, but nice to have the option of the Dallas location if needed.

Hours & Locations :: Pediatric Associates of Dallas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: