U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 AM

24 posts, read 104,352 times

Advertisements

I'm planning my son's 5th birthday party. We will have approximately 15~20 kids. My budget is about $20 per kid plus tips and taxes.

We've been to Pump-It-Up, some gyms, and Chuck E Cheese but would like to try some new ideas and places. I'd love to have a host for the party instead of just letting the kids running and jumping for 90 minutes. The boys are into Transformers, diansaurs, Power Rangers, Hero Factory, etc.

Any ideas/suggestions? North Dallas, Richardson, Plano or Allen area will be perfect. Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited by NewMomTX; 01-05-2012 at 11:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 11:30 AM

2,982 posts, read 8,178,925 times
If into Hero Factory - maybe a Lego party at the Discover Center?

Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
If into Hero Factory - maybe a Lego party at the Discover Center?
Did you mean the new Legoland in Grapevine? It might be a little far from where the kids live. Thank you very much, though!

Old 01-05-2012, 11:48 AM

670 posts, read 2,674,353 times
My 11-year-old boy and his friends like Amazing Jakes in Collin Creek mall. My daughter (14) and her friends like Strikz and Main Event. Also there is Adventure Landing. I've BEEN to parties at all these places a number of times, but never hosted one so I have no idea how good the staff is as far as that goes nor costs.

ETA: The party at Strikz was just kids going, it wasn't with cake and stuff so it was more like the mom had the kids meet there and she paid.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Mom View Post
My 11-year-old boy and his friends like Amazing Jakes in Collin Creek mall. My daughter (14) and her friends like Strikz and Main Event. Also there is Adventure Landing. I've BEEN to parties at all these places a number of times, but never hosted one so I have no idea how good the staff is as far as that goes nor costs.

ETA: The party at Strikz was just kids going, it wasn't with cake and stuff so it was more like the mom had the kids meet there and she paid.
Thanks for the information! Since you've been to Amazing Jakes and Adventure Landing, which one do you think fits more toward 5-years-old, or both? Thanks!

Old 01-05-2012, 02:00 PM

I like Amazing Jakes more because of the safety issues, it's enclosed in a former department store (I think Foley's was there/I can't remember) and like a Chuck E. Cheese in the aspect that there are only 2 entrances, one from the mall and one from outside--both on the floor level. Adventure Landing is like a regular old miniature golf course, batting cages, arcade, etc., from the late 1980s...and for the go karts you walk across an area where people drive IIRC (I know it's a crosswalk, but I can't remember if public drives there or just Adventure Landing personnel). I have difficulty keeping an eye on children there and that especially with 5-year-olds is hard enough as it is. HTH

Old 01-05-2012, 02:04 PM

Thank you, USA_mom! I'm totally with you!

Old 01-05-2012, 02:07 PM

You're welcome and I hope it's a great party wherever you end up

Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 PM

509 posts, read 1,051,275 times
My three boys will be having their birthday soon so I too was looking for somewhere to have a party. I decided on Bounce Town in Wylie but I remember getting some Groupon offers for some places that sounded like they would be good to have parties too. Those are Jumpstreet in Plano, Pump It Up, and Indoor Safari Park. I just went to their website to see what it was all about.
I have been to the Amazing Jake's in Collin Creek Mall and I would venture to say that it is kinda like a Chuck Cheese except that the games are geared more for like 10 and up. It is very big and very crowded. And when we got there (my daughter was invited) she was not stamped like they do in Chuck Cheese. So I wouldn't have a party there for little ones like 5 year olds. I hope your little one has fun.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:53 AM

22 posts, read 39,139 times
Emler's Swim school. Multiple locations in the Metroplex. We had our child's 5th b-day party at the Preston/ Forest location a few years ago and it was a hit with the pre-school age kids -it was in December, and all kids loved being able to splash around in the pool at a non-summer party. Water was varm. They test the kids for swim ability and weak/non-swimmers are given vests. After about 60 min. or so of playing in the water, the kids were exhausted (good thing!) and ready for pizza/ cake in the party room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas