Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 06:07 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
As I work in Frisco and need something fast and healthy at lunch, I would like to see a salad bar restaurant in Frisco like Souper Salad. We had an awesome one in Atlanta, Sweet Tomatoes. Is that anywhere in DFW?

Glad to hear that Whataburger is coming to Frisco. Sometimes I just gotta have a Whataburger and drive all the way to The Colony on my lunch break.

I really miss Cracker Barrell as well. Seems like McKinney or Allen would be a good location, right off 75. They like to be by freeways and don't know if the tollway or 121 would suit their tastes.

Looks like the Luby's on 121 and Preston is coming back to life.
I'm not sure about the Luby's reopening, but Whataburger will be coming. It will be built on Preston at Lebanon in the shopping center next to Taco Cabana and Sprout's. And I thought Frisco already had a Souper Salad. I can check on that for you. The Sweet Tomatoes franchise is just now making inroads in the Metroplex; it already had locations in Houston for many years. Will they come to Frisco? Not sure, yet. Right now, they've opened in North Irving (I-635 at Olympus). And the Pappas chains are due, so stay tuned. I don't have any news on Pappadeaux or Pappasito's for Frisco, but they are the two that are most likely to enter that area. I'm surprised that they are not there now. The likely locations would be along the Dallas North Tollway, as new development is sprouting up there. Don't hold me to that just yet, but I'm speculating for now, and it's definitely a possibility. As for Cracker Barrel, no word yet if it will make it to Frisco, but lately, they've built their most recent facilities on non-interstate-designated freeways (they had, for many years, built locations exclusively on interstates). I'm lobbying for a Frisco location, but we'll see. The economy just needs to improve, so don't be surprised if any new construction is delayed for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 07:30 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,287,346 times
I haven't been to Pappas Steakhouse but there's one off of 35 south of Walnut Hill in Dallas as well as a Pappasitos. We have one in Arlington, too, and a Pappadeaux, I like them both.

Quote:
As I work in Frisco and need something fast and healthy at lunch, I would like to see a salad bar restaurant in Frisco like Souper Salad. We had an awesome one in Atlanta, Sweet Tomatoes. Is that anywhere in DFW?
I just saw a Sweet Tomatoes somewhere recently. Never heard of them before I drove by this one. Now where was I? Oh, yes, I was on my way to the doctor and I saw it on the north side of I-20 in Arlington. I think it's in the new Highlands retail center near Cooper.

That new Whataburger being built in Frisco is one of my company's projects. I recognized the address. I had spoken to a representative at their headquarters and he told me that Whataburger is also in New Mexico, Lousiana and another state or two in the South. I never even knew they had made it out of
Texas or when.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:21 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Whataburger tried a location or two in Atlanta several years back but then dropped out of the market after only a short time.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:43 AM

198 posts, read 508,383 times
In-N-Out Burgers.
and
A Coney Island Restaurant.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 AM

24 posts, read 111,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcl_cls01 View Post
I would like to see a Bahama Breeze, In-N-Out Burger, Dunkin Donuts, & Souper Salad in Frisco.

Had a Bahama Breeze on Preston near 121. Couldn't make it. I would like to see a few independent restauranteurs serving traditional American family fare at moderate prices.

We are from the Midwest and we have had it with the Mexican restaurants and rib houses on every corner in Frisco. Everyone is all about spicy or greasy here. What ever happened to meat and potatos and homemade pies without having to go to a pricey upscale steak house?

Last edited by gamsite; 02-16-2009 at 07:26 AM..

Old 02-16-2009, 07:49 AM

126 posts, read 339,777 times
Default Sweet tomatoes

Quote:

Glad to hear that Whataburger is coming to Frisco. Sometimes I just gotta have a Whataburger and drive all the way to The Colony on my lunch break.

I really miss Cracker Barrell as well. Seems like McKinney or Allen would be a good location, right off 75. They like to be by freeways and don't know if the tollway or 121 would suit their tastes.

Looks like the Luby's on 121 and Preston is coming back to life.
There are a couple of Sweet Tomatoes locations....
One in Addison, at Montford and Beltline and the other on the 635 service road in Irving. This is on the side of Best buy, 24hr fitness, home depot, et al. On service road of 635 and Mc Arthur.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:58 AM

1,298 posts, read 4,287,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamsite View Post
Had a Bahama Breeze on Preston near 121. Couldn't make it. I would like to see a few independent restauranteurs serving traditional American family fare at moderate prices.

We are from the Midwest and we have had it with the Mexican restaurants and rib houses on every corner in Frisco. Everyone is all about spicy or greasy here. What ever happened to meat and potatos and homemade pies without having to go to a pricey upscale steak house?
How about traditional Southern American family fare? We have plenty of those around, lots of good little holes-in-the-wall. The ones that I know of are the Mecca, Vern's and Mother's Daughter's Diner in Dallas, Southern Recipes Grill in north Arlington, Topcat (if you like southern traditional cornmeal fried catfish) in Irving and Arlington, the Fishbone in Arlington which is another good catfish joint. Also in Arlington, Candlelite Inn and Steak House which is NOT an expensive place at all, it's a little dive on Division St. These are just the ones that are nearby where hubby and I live and work and that we frequent.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,536 times
Burger Street. Best burgers ever!!!!!!!!!AND El Fenix or Ojedas (great Margaritas)

Old 04-15-2009, 07:41 PM

22 posts, read 100,611 times
We are also from the Midwest...and my family really misses "Bob Evans".
It was one our favorite family type restaurants...Also, wouldn't mind seeing an In-and Out Burger. Dont care at all for Whataburger!

Oh, and our all time favorite family place...Friendlys!

Old 04-16-2009, 11:38 AM

13 posts, read 47,602 times
Since IN-n-Outs were brought up, another west coast thing that I like is Del Taco. But I hate in-n-out, worst burgers ever and the fries are pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas