Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 07:16 AM

118 posts, read 252,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngrInTx View Post

Correct on the cabinet wrapped vs sheetrocked. I didn't know about it but my realtor suggested it.
Did you make sure the cabinet wrapped feature is not standard? The homes in Riverside village is cabinet wrapped-standard. I know if you ask about it...they may just make it seem like it's not and charge you. These builders nickle and dime you out of everything.

Buying in that price range, you would expect most of those luxury features are standard....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 AM

8 posts, read 43,909 times
Quote:
Ramax,
Are you building at the Enclave at Riverside? If so, what lot?
Engrintx,

Yes, we picked a lot on the rolling bend... How about you?? And thanks so much for the info on design center.... Its so weird that they don't let you preview the center beforehand.. So I really didn't know wat to expect as we have only two appointments and had to make all our design choices from that.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:51 AM

118 posts, read 252,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramax View Post
Engrintx,

Yes, we picked a lot on the rolling bend... How about you?? And thanks so much for the info on design center.... Its so weird that they don't let you preview the center beforehand.. So I really didn't know wat to expect as we have only two appointments and had to make all our design choices from that.
I would talk to the sale counselor and ask to visit the Design Center prior. They do let you visit it at your own time after the 1st meeting.

Darling, Highland, David Weekley homes are all better in this regards when it comes to their design center. MHI needs to realize this if they want to be a player in this market.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:38 PM

27 posts, read 111,229 times
Ramax, we are on St Francis Ct.

DFWTransplant, I don't think the cabinet wrap is standard on the Coventry Homes at Riverside either. The model and a spec I've seen we're not wrapped. The Coventry Homes do have better standard features than the Plantation Homes. At $100k more, they certainly should. As for visits to the DC after the first visit, it's not up to the builder since it's a third party, and the DC would not allow it.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,288 times
Default upgrades in plantation homes at riverside

Hi Ramax/EngrInTx
Could you please give some details on your upgrade package? Did they negotiate the price even a little bit? When I finalized my deal 3 weeks back they showed me an attitude of -- "we won't give you any discount - if you don't want to buy it then we have others to pay that price". Was it the same for you as well or has it changed recently because the demand is increasing?

They gave me an standard upgrade package included in the price. Some of the things in that package I would have preferred to substitute it with other things of my liking. But they were not ready to do that . Does anyone has a different experience on this?

Most of the other builders that I know of generally give you certain amount of upgrades included in the price that you can use towards upgrades the way you like. Did anyone of you receive any such package with Plantation homes at riverside?

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Ramax,
We got a free promotional package for signing early, which included many construction upgrades (some we might have bought, others we would not have but it's nice to get them). We are waiting on pricing on a few custom ideas we have, both in construction and design center, but we should finalize in two weeks. We added a fireplace (can't believe it's an option now), changed cabinets, changed granite, upgraded to oil rubbed bronze fixtures, upgrades on all flooring, pre-wiring, elevation with stone, kitchen appliances (waiting on pricing but the standard cooktop is awful), and many others. The design center is a joke, but for most of our upgrades it wouldn't be worth moving in and replacing features.

Referring to jsafstrom, our sales consultant was fine with us having our own inspection, so it may just be who you deal with. Also, no lender would close on a house without a CO. Sounds like the consultant in Melissa should be investigated.

Last edited by newhomeebuyer2012; 05-27-2012 at 12:21 AM..

Old 05-31-2012, 01:50 PM

We did not, and it may be because they've had such high demand. I'm not sure about recently, but apparently the base prices will go up the first of June. I know they had a small hiccup with the Las Colinas Association that delayed them for 2-3 weeks, but it appears that is fixed now as building has continued. I still believe at their price point in this area it is a great buy. Have you finalized yet?

Old 01-20-2013, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,942 times
Is any one still building with plantation homes? We are starting to. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Old 01-21-2013, 10:28 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,852,270 times
I am seriously considering buying/building in the Lakes of Pine Forest subdivision in NW Houston. They only have 6 lots left so I have to decide pretty quickly if I'm going to do this. Like others here, I think they build a quality product but I have no idea about the design aspects. As I have built three previous homes, I have a fairly good idea of what I want/need so all that remains is what it would cost me. I hope others have ideas to contribute.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 PM

Where are you building, Ljennyb06?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:56 PM

2 posts, read 5,135 times
Default Planning to buy in enclave at riverside

Quote:
We did not, and it may be because they've had such high demand. I'm not sure about recently, but apparently the base prices will go up the first of June. I know they had a small hiccup with the Las Colinas Association that delayed them for 2-3 weeks, but it appears that is fixed now as building has continued. I still believe at their price point in this area it is a great buy. Have you finalized yet?
EngrInTx ( or any buyer at enclave at riverside),

Have you moved to your new home? how did you like it? Any idea if they are giving same free package for the buyers of the leftover lots? now they say some model home package with upgrades like texas sized patio, 8' doors, 5'' base boards, some lighting packages.. Any idea what were the base prices (especially for medina / navarro mills) for those initial buyers. I heard they increased the base prices like 50K right now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas